Active Now

Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Communication » Did you know you are a super evil person if you don't vote?

Did you know you are a super evil person if you don't vote?

....for Hillary. 

Posted - November 7, 2016

Responses

Some people just like to argue and won't let it go. 

Some people need to join the My 2 Cents club. 

Bozette, are you guity of such?
      November 7, 2016 11:33 AM MST

B & O

The catastrophe of the Bush presidency was so deep and wide that it sometimes seemed that Obama would never claw out of its shadow. He also frequently hurt his own cause, in particular by clinging to his image as a bridge-building uniter even when it was clear that the minority party was actively using his bipartisan overtures to slow and defeat his agenda.

But as we enter the twilight of the Obama era, he can boast numerous achievements: an economy slowly but surely approaching full employment; a landmark health care law that has produced clear results for millions of people; a financial regulatory regime that, while watered down, is starting to shrink Wall Street; and a patchwork of environmental regulations and bilateral climate change agreements that could finally put the U.S., and possibly the world, in a position to address global warming.

In contrast, Hillary Clinton, who officially announced her campaign for president on Sunday, will not face the same array of challenges should she be elected — which is another way of saying that she will have fewer opportunities to remake the political landscape in her image. Her candidacy is not a campaign for change, but a call for going onwards and upwards. Though her team would be loath to admit it, she is essentially running for Barack Obama's third term.

But there is still plenty for Clinton and the Democratic Party to do — and plenty of space to leave her mark.

More Perspectives

Michael Brendan Dougherty

This election is God's judgment on us

Pascal-Emmanuel Gobry

Against Hillary

First, simply by virtue of being elected, Clinton could consolidate the gains that Democrats have made in the Obama era. Her liberal detractors like to say that she is virtually indistinguishable from likely Republican opponent Jeb Bush, but that misses the fact that a President Bush would be under enormous pressure to roll back Obama's hard-won reforms in the areas of health care, financial regulation, and the environment. At the very least, Clinton would face pressure from her party and her base to protect those reforms. Her veto power alone could entrench progressive priorities for a minimum of four years, which would be crucial in making them intractable elements of the American polity. That alone would make her a good president.
      November 7, 2016 11:54 AM MST

If you wish to reply to me, Sharonna, may I suggest you actually reply to me?  

They are all bad, but Hillary ranks down there with Cheney.  JMHO

Are you, Sharonna?
      November 7, 2016 12:00 PM MST

Hi Sweetheart Boz,

I have a hard time with this site and replying to ANYONE when there are 50 people all yammering at once.

I will leave you to Old School.

It's easier.  I'm lazy and he usually gets it right.
      November 7, 2016 12:02 PM MST

HA HA HA!  Now that's funny!  Wrong, but funny.
      November 7, 2016 12:07 PM MST

Wrong?  Excuse me?

I am NEVER wrong/I never lie and I am always right. 

Ask My 2 Cents.  She'll tell you. 
      November 7, 2016 12:09 PM MST

I don't have to ask anyone, your statement above fails on its own.
      November 7, 2016 12:17 PM MST

This video has a 15-second life span on here. 

Enjoy

November 7, 2016 10:17 AM MST

• Patio Boat: A few thoughts on the 2016 Presidential primary
      November 7, 2016 10:25 AM MST

Awesome. 
      November 7, 2016 11:55 AM MST

•   November 7, 2016 11:59 AM MST