Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Referencing another member's question, who was the worst house guest you ever had and how was his/her visit so bad?

Referencing another member's question, who was the worst house guest you ever had and how was his/her visit so bad?

https://answermug.com/forums/topic/139116/who-has-been-the-very-best-house-guest-you-ve-ever-had-and-what

Posted - November 7, 2022

Responses

We had a get-together with about five or six adults and maybe ten children. One of the men, older than all of the rest of us, was beginning to make off-color jokes, apparently thinking that because no children were close by, it was ok. I pulled him to the side and spoke with him about it, but then ten minutes later, he started again with a different type of joke that was just as inappropriate. It was obvious how uncomfortable and awkward he was making everyone feel. A few of us tried to divert the conversation by changing the subject. That seemed to work, but the damage was already done.      

Needless to say, he was never invited back.

~

November 7, 2022 5:42 PM MST

They weren't my houseguests, but my aunt's cousins who stayed overnight with her. My aunt was a gracious hostess and served them a lovely roast beef dinner. Despite her tactful 'Thank you for not smoking'  sign, there was smoking in the guest room. The next morning, as the guests prepared to leave, the husband suggested my aunt make them sandwiches for the road from the leftover roast beef and the wife dumped the contents of the candy dish into her handbag. I should mention that these cousins are beloved family members and still welcome in our homes any time.
      November 8, 2022 8:58 AM MST