Active Now

WelbyQuentin
Danilo_G
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Music » Did you ever help set up for a band before a gig? Take a chance.. before..I..fallllllllllll!!!?

Did you ever help set up for a band before a gig? Take a chance.. before..I..fallllllllllll!!!?

I help set The SharX back in 83' and at the high school they belted out these unforgettably loud songs that shook me to the core as I watched right behind the drummer on stage.lying on a mattress with my head reclined.

Burning for You
I Don't Want To Face The Day
Living After Midnight
Dirty White Boy
You Got Another Thing Coming
Heading Out To The Highway
Everybody Wants You
Godzilla

I was blown away by the power driven singer and guitarist who wore a motorcycle helmet during a couple of songs.

Posted - December 13, 2022

Responses

Yes.  In high school we had several good garage bands that our students formed and performed for our parties as well as other engagements.  On occasion I helped with setup and/or breakdown. 
      December 14, 2022 10:56 AM MST

It seemed it was prearranged though we bussed ourselves over to Blaine from Bellingham and in the school it was all younger kids and the 4 players were a little older. I was at SharX band practice and we were all 5 feet away in a small basement room! Blew me away. After the first song I stated. Wow. I think George is a star and the singer said I think he knows that???? The show was by no means timid! This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at December 15, 2022 8:56 PM MST
      December 15, 2022 4:44 AM MST

Hundreds of times. We couldn't afford roadies.
      December 15, 2022 5:57 AM MST