Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Celebrities » A contacting-a-person question:

A contacting-a-person question:

Is there an easy way to obtain a famous person's contact address to which to simply send a fan letter? A real hold-in-your-hand fan letter to someone you like?

When I was young, I started writing fan letters all the time, so somehow "back then, it was easier to do. As years go by, it becomes more difficult (for me, at least).

Among others, I've received autographed individualized letters (and/or individualized-to-me autographed photos) back from

Isabel Sanford

Alfred Hitchcock

Sally Struthers

Greg Louganis

Melody Beattie

Morris Berman

John Russo

Clive Barker

Mary Tyler Moore

Arnold Brown

Anna Quindlen

Martha Frick Symington Sanger

Isaac Kramnick

Rosie O'Donnell

Elizabeth Montgomery

Johnny Nash

On the web, every time I try to find a contact address for someone famous on the web, I get questions like "Are you an organization?" "Are you a league?" Are you a booking agent?" And I need to create an account of some kind.

Heck, all I want to do is send a person a thank-you letter and that I admire his of her work.

Posted - December 27, 2022

Responses

Sure - if you want to send me a fan letter, just ask! 

Other than that, I'm afraid I can't be of much help... supposing most contact happens online or through agents and managers nowadays. But you're right - there should simply be addresses to which people can send nice mails, shouldn't there? 

Man, I do wonder how Alfred Hitchcock wrote letters. Did he keep you in suspense until the very end? And whom are you trying to hunt down now?--I'll get my net.
      December 28, 2022 5:16 AM MST

Thanks!

Hitchcock was one who sent an autographed picture.

Yes, maybe I'll let you of whom I'm wishing to thank for their work.  :)

December 29, 2022 5:56 PM MST

Everything I looked at said to send it "In Care of" to their agent. This post was edited by my2cents at December 29, 2022 7:51 PM MST
      December 28, 2022 6:57 AM MST

Thanks.
    Even anything like that, when I looked, always seemed to have me required to "apply for/sign up" for some account.
      December 29, 2022 5:58 PM MST

Everyone seems to be on twitter now, so good luck. I get a lot of requests from celebs for a greeting letter from me. Do you want one?
      December 28, 2022 8:29 AM MST

Oh, my , thanks -- I'm that guy in your front yard, always bent over on all fours, bowing down to you.
      December 29, 2022 5:59 PM MST

And I thought you were Tom Selleck. He has been pestering me for years.
      December 29, 2022 7:44 PM MST

Nope, not Selleck.
    When he and I were younger, I got David Spade look-a-like comments.

June 1, 2023 5:41 PM MDT

Look on their web page; they usually have a way to send a message.  I know this because I love celebs and send fan mail on a regular basis.

Not.
      December 28, 2022 10:44 AM MST

When I saw you had answered, before reading I correctly anticipated the spirit of your answer. :)
    I've seen some of your posts about celebrities-in-general.  :) This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at December 30, 2022 9:05 AM MST
      December 29, 2022 6:01 PM MST