Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Travel » For those of you who do not live in the same village, town, or city where you were born, what were the circumstances that had you move away?

For those of you who do not live in the same village, town, or city where you were born, what were the circumstances that had you move away?

I lived in my hometown from birth until age eighteen when I joined the military and went to boot camp. Since then, I went on to live in six different states on the US, and I have also lived in foreign countries. While I have visited there, I have never lived in* my hometown nor in my home state since age eighteen.

*For the purposes of establishing context here, the phrase “lived in” refers to setting up a household and establishing a physical address to where (snail)mail will be delivered, etc.
~

Posted - February 17, 2023

Responses

I met an married a man from another state. He worked in construction. He was remodeling the place I was working. However, most of these type jobs in my home state are union and he was not a member of the union.
      February 17, 2023 8:42 AM MST

I was born in Cleveland, but my father transferred to Toledo when I was 4. (He was a chemist at Sun Oil.)
      February 17, 2023 12:58 PM MST

Moved to Auburn.  War Eagle!
      February 17, 2023 1:49 PM MST

Marriage.

It's nice to visit, but I always knew I didn't want to live my life there. 

February 17, 2023 5:17 PM MST