Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Slartibartfast
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Entertainment » What are some music videos that were filmed at famous or historic sites in or around places that you know very well or have lived in?

What are some music videos that were filmed at famous or historic sites in or around places that you know very well or have lived in?

This question was inspired when I just watched the video for a favorite song of mine and was surprised that the outdoor scenes were filmed right here in San Diego. The Botanical Gardens at San Diego’s Balboa Park, La Jolla Cove Beach Park, downtown theater/restaurant row, etc are some of the most notable areas in the video. 

“Try Again” by Champaign, 1983.

I don’t know if I have seen this particular video before or not, I was overseas when the song was released and I was not watching a lot of videos back then anyway. There’s also the possibility that more than one version of the video exists, others may have been filmed in different locations. 

~

Posted - March 13, 2023

Responses

I don't remember that song at all. Soooo cheeeeesy! I do remember 'How 'Bout Us' by this group. 

I can't really think of any that apply to this question. 

March 13, 2023 7:24 PM MDT

Yessssss! “How About Us” was their 1981 hit, I love that one too.
    ~

March 14, 2023 7:16 AM MDT

UK glam-rock revivalists The Darkness shot this one in the Blue Mountains, west of Sydney. I spent my childhood in many of these locations.

March 20, 2023 7:43 AM MDT

Memory Lane time.....

.... Pop music videos are not something I know anything about these days, but as time went on the general quality of those I saw in the past, declined steadily.

However I well remember one, as like as not photographic rather than digital, made at a location very familiar to me - only a few miles from our family's home.

It was that used on the BBC TV show Top Of The Pops, for the Fleetwood Mac instrumental Albatross.

It showed a real sea-bird, soaring gracefully around the Pulpit Rock stack at Portland Bill (S. English coast). Inconveniently for pop-video makers, Albatrosses do not live around the North Atlantic, let alone the English Channel; but never mind, a common-or-garden Herring Gull was near enough!  
      June 10, 2023 3:55 PM MDT