Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » How am I going to sink my battleship now?

How am I going to sink my battleship now?

In a couple of months we will be moving to a new place in Parksville. The only thing I don't like about the new place is that it has a shower instead of a bathtub. I like a bath because I find them relaxing and I can play with my toy battleship. I like to pretend my battleship is the Bismarck and I am a Canadian submarine  captain that sinks it. I lurk under the bubbles then I sink the Bismarck with my torpedo. But I won't be able to do that in a shower. Cheers!

Posted - April 17, 2023

Responses

Unless, of course, you have a tub installed.
      April 17, 2023 9:41 AM MDT

I feel your pain. I moved here from a house that had a proper claw foot tub. I have a "bathtub" in this apartment, but the only time I tried to use it as a tub, it held about four inches of water. It's been a shower ever since. Now it has a seat and a grab bar. If I used it as a sit in tub, I wouldn't be able to get out unassisted.

Install a shelf for your battleship. You can look at it now and then as a reminder of your years as commander (and prioritize your needs next time you move).
      April 17, 2023 11:45 AM MDT

I know what you are saying...we are planning to build a home in the next year or so and while I want my tub, we are also making sure to have a walking in shower for our later years. 
      April 17, 2023 12:28 PM MDT

I love those old claw foot tubs. We had one in Ontario and it was very relaxing because it was long and deep. This will be the last move of my life so I am just going to torpedo the battleship one last time before we move then scuttle  my sub and keep it in my memory. Cheers!
      April 18, 2023 8:12 AM MDT

12 Best Outdoor Tubs - Outdoor Soaking Tub Ideas
    A nice patio tub.
    This post was edited by NYAD at April 18, 2023 8:56 AM MDT
      April 18, 2023 8:55 AM MDT

As Stu said you could have a tub installed, if needed you could do a walk-in tub if someone in your home needs it.
      April 17, 2023 12:37 PM MDT

The shower at the new place is good for my wife because it is easy for her to get in and out and it has a lot of safety bars. So I am just going to get used to showers. Cheers!
      April 18, 2023 8:16 AM MDT

Maybe you'll just have to take it outdoors. 

April 17, 2023 8:02 PM MDT

That could open up a whole new world of bath time fun. I could use my drown to drop those little scented bath oil balls on the battleship. Cheers!
      April 18, 2023 8:37 AM MDT

Or, how about a hot tub with jets or jacuzzi to make the battleship games more challenging?
      April 18, 2023 9:00 AM MDT

I'm so happy for you and your wife that she's recovered so much that this move is happening for you! I'm sure that your bathtub is a small sacrifice, and that your gratitude to still have her with you is enormous. 

Cheers! 
      April 22, 2023 8:10 AM MDT

Yeah 5 or 6 months ago I thought I was going to lose her but I'm glad she proved the doctors and I wrong. Her father and her sister proved the doctors wrong a few times so it might be a genetic thing. The new place will be better for the both of us and I am looking forward to it. Cheers and happy weekend!

April 22, 2023 9:05 AM MDT