Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Finance » Should a business be taxed more or less because of the owner's skin color?

Responses

This information tells me that there is a good chance that you can find at least one or more ignorant statements by politicians in the US every day and reported by "news" sources that will feature said ignorance, as it's important that the voters in their area should be aware of it. Given a half million human beings in the political business on any given day in the US and the natural shortcomings of human beings, my figure is probably way under estimated! That's what you get when you allow humans to be in charge!! This post was edited by NYAD at May 7, 2023 5:58 PM MDT
      May 6, 2023 7:35 PM MDT

Yes, this woman is on the Denver city council and she is proposing this as an additional tax for just white business owners. 

I would not have posted it if a offical was not proposing it.
      May 7, 2023 7:10 AM MDT

You didn't do your "due diligence" in providing information on the outcome of this councilwoman's proposal (?). What was the response of the people of Denver? the council? to the article? Are you prepared to track down the other approx. 5,000 ridiculous political proposals around the country on any given day? Remember, there are a half million+ active politicians in the US. 

I don't mean to be unkind but your point in posting such political nonsense is not clear when you don't provide the complete information that I've mentioned, for example, Stu's question, "Did it pass?" I do try to be respectful, but you do make it difficult. This post was edited by NYAD at May 7, 2023 9:45 PM MDT
      May 7, 2023 9:04 AM MDT

My due diligence was in stating that she is wanting it, proposing it. And providing link to her doing such. 

If another ridiculous political proposal catches my attention, yes, I am prepared to "track it down." 

I did not post nonsense....she is proposing the nonsense. 

If you do not like political questions, you are always free to scroll on by.
      May 7, 2023 11:30 AM MDT

It isn't her job to follow it and continue to report on it.  You follow it if you are that interested. 
      May 7, 2023 11:49 AM MDT

Yes, it's getting harder and harder to participate here. We need more positive, upbeat contributions. I try to think of some but after reading what's been posted on a given day, I just see too many of these posts to get there. I'll try harder to ignore. Really! Livvie did good. She kept it simple. This post was edited by NYAD at May 7, 2023 9:45 PM MDT
      May 7, 2023 3:20 PM MDT