Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Do you know of anyone who could help this couple?

Do you know of anyone who could help this couple?

Home Makeover extreme edition is no longer on the air.  They would have been a perfect go to help this couple. A fork lift fell on him, they woke him up out of his coma and gave him a choice; lose both legs and the lower half of his body or not make it.  He made the choice.  She married him after the accident. I've watched almost all of their videos.  Her dedication and love for him will make you cry.  Loren and Sabia are their names. She carries him, they don't have any lift to help them.  He suffers terribly with pain, it's hard to watch when he is in pain. The love they have for each other is the real deal, it's sad but uplifting at the same time. 

Posted - May 12, 2023

Responses

Call me a terrible person, but I can't help but think that if I were in his situation, I would have chosen to end my life.
      May 13, 2023 8:22 AM MDT

It is an awful situation for sure.  I tried to find Ty Penningtons email to see if he still helps people on the down low but was unsuccessful. Thinking about writing the CEO of Sears since they were big contributors when Home Edition was still on the air.

May 13, 2023 1:26 PM MDT

I don't know what state they live in, but surely there must be some organization that could assist them.  
      May 13, 2023 1:55 PM MDT

I agree.
      May 13, 2023 3:06 PM MDT

Ty Pennington is currently on HGTV with the show "Battle on the Beach".
    https://www.hgtv.com/shows/battle-on-the-beach

T
    he best known organization to assist with housing is Habitat for Humanity.
    https://www.habitat.org/

9 Best Charities for Disabled Adults.
    https://impactful.ninja/best-charities-for-disabled-adults/

Probably the most important assist they can use, no matter where they live, is the means to pay for aides and household help. That would depend on where they live and the social services available to them.
      May 13, 2023 2:31 PM MDT

Thank you very much.  I may pass on these links to them and allow them to reach out as they are led. 

This post was edited by Honey Dew at May 13, 2023 10:20 PM MDT
      May 13, 2023 3:04 PM MDT

Making a different choice wouldn’t make someone a terrible person but judging someone for deciding either way would be a terrible thing to do IMO.
      May 13, 2023 6:37 PM MDT

I'm not judging him.  All I'm saying is that I would have made a different choice.
      May 13, 2023 9:46 PM MDT

It's nice that you care. I have an older cousin who was always very outgoing and athletic, but barely survived a diving accident, and only regained the use of his hands (not his legs). Fortunately, he is still the same happy, funny, people-loving person. 

I hope some people are able to offer help: anything that facilitates mobility or something as (typically) simple as getting in and out of bed goes a long way. As I heard a TED speaker once say: they say life is all about perspective, but no amount of staring at a flight of stairs has turned it into a ramp!
      May 13, 2023 5:55 PM MDT

I like your saying, it's so true, gave me a chuckle or two. There is another inter-abeled couple online (Squirmy and Grubbs) who have shared their videos online.  I watched their journeys  as they traveled in and outside the U.S. attempting to maneuver a wheelchair to various events and Restaurants.  It was an eye-opener for me as they struggled to get from one place to another.  

Glad to hear your cousin has such a good attitude and is a happy person though I'm sure he has many struggles. 

This post was edited by Honey Dew at May 14, 2023 3:59 PM MDT
      May 13, 2023 10:00 PM MDT