Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » 'The Godfather of A.I.’ leaves Google and warns of danger ahead. Should we worry?

'The Godfather of A.I.’ leaves Google and warns of danger ahead. Should we worry?

Hello:

AI isn't simply an advanced computer.  Nahhh..  It's not even close..  What makes AI different is, it PROGRAMS itself with no human input.  Siri works because it recognizes words, and all by itself, learns new words every day.  As AI advances it'll recognize pictures.  Today, we can build AI drones that don't need human input to fly, and don't need human input to launch its missiles.

Can you see where I'm going with this?  Of course, I could be nutso fruitso, or a harbinger of a dark future. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/01/technology/ai-google-chatbot-engineer-quits-hinton.html

excon

Posted - May 30, 2023

Responses

Frankl, I am terrified at AI.  It's difficult to believe what's on the internet now.  Can you imagine the fake information that will be out there when AI is in full bloom.  Where will be go to find truth?
      May 30, 2023 2:49 PM MDT