Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » What do you think about Jack Smith's thirty-seven count indictment of Trump?

What do you think about Jack Smith's thirty-seven count indictment of Trump?

Con man that Trump is, it took him only minutes to use this turn of events as a fund-raising opportunity.

UPDATE:  

Trump is charged with 37 felony counts related to his handling of classified documents after he left the White House.

• The indictment includes 31 separate counts of willful retention of national defense information under the Espionage Act.

Posted - June 9, 2023

Responses

Locked that traitor, rapist, racist, lying con man up for the rest of his life!
      June 9, 2023 10:12 AM MDT

I couldn't have said it better. :)
      June 9, 2023 10:23 AM MDT

Thirty additional counts were made public after I originally posted and the name of the question has been amended accordingly.  I believe that conviction on any one of those counts could put him away for a very long time, if not for life.
      June 9, 2023 2:28 PM MDT

One can only hope.  
      June 9, 2023 3:24 PM MDT

I still want to know why nothing was done about Hillary's emails and the documents found in Biden's garage.  Biden's collusion with China and the cover up still going on with the Biden's including his son. 
      June 9, 2023 2:32 PM MDT

Those situations are (D)ifferent...

And how about Biden getting $5M as VP from Ukraine?   They don't care the only thing that matters to some is "orange man bad."
      June 9, 2023 6:51 PM MDT

What was the problem with Hillary's emails?
      June 10, 2023 7:14 AM MDT

As SoS, Hillary used a private SERVER (not just a private email) to conduct gov business. Her private server was stored in her home, and contained classified information.  When this was discovered and supenaed by the FBI, over 30k emails were deleted.  And the hard drives were destroyed using the software BleachBit.  Phones were physically destroyed with HAMMERS.  The SOS has no authority to declassify information much less destroy it. 

A President does have this power. 
      June 11, 2023 6:45 AM MDT

Republicans mounted 11 separate investigations of Hillary without finding a single thing to charge her with.  When the documents were found in Biden's garage and when Pence's documents were found, they both voluntarily returned them immediately.  

If an investigation into an alleged collusion with China yields actionable information, then it will be up to a Grand Jury to decide whether or not to indict.
      June 11, 2023 7:12 AM MDT

After Biden had some for 20+yrs. A Senator is not even allowed to view classified docts outside of the designated area
    ...so how a Sen Biden ended up with papers copies it something that should be looked at.  A Sen cannot classify or declassify anything. 
      June 11, 2023 10:12 AM MDT

Hello:

We've seen this movie before..  I think he'll skate.  You?

excon
      June 9, 2023 3:52 PM MDT

Not sure.  These charges are pretty serious.  The fact that he's on tape admitting that he didn't have the right to declassify these documents after he was no longer president and the photos of the way the documents are stores are fairly damning.  
      June 10, 2023 6:24 AM MDT

Hello S:

Very true, indeed..  However we had him cold in the first impeachment - nada...  Then we had him cold in the second impeachment - zilch.

So, I'll wait...

excon This post was edited by excon at June 10, 2023 9:19 AM MDT
      June 10, 2023 6:42 AM MDT

The difference this time is that he will be judged by a jury of his "peers" rather than Congress.
      June 10, 2023 9:20 AM MDT

Hello again, Spunky:

Oh, I agree..  But, I've been disappointed in the past..  Every time his behavior is brought to the authorities, I think he's had it..  Yet, the authorities let him off.  It's happened time and time again..  And, IF he's elected, he'll get off even one more time.

excon
      June 10, 2023 10:03 AM MDT

Valid point.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see.  
      June 10, 2023 10:35 AM MDT

In Florida. 
      June 10, 2023 10:28 AM MDT

True.
      June 10, 2023 10:34 AM MDT

He will end up with a slap on the wrist, at most. The justice system favors the rich and powerful and this is not the first crime that Trump was caught committing. His followers will go on about how it's persecution and claiming that everyone else did it (pretty childish excuses), instead of being appalled at his stupidity and his disregard for the security of our country.
      June 9, 2023 4:33 PM MDT

Another example of abuse of power by the DOJ, they will not get a conviction....they know it. But they will get some headlines and hope that they have finally beat Trump. But they will only make Trump supporters more determined to support him. 
      June 9, 2023 6:38 PM MDT

Hello my:

Jack Smith asked ONE thing of you, and that's to read the indictment..  It's only 40 pages.  But, you ain't gonna, are you?

Did you read the Mueller report?  Nahh.  Did you read the Jan 6, committee report?  Nahh.  Did you read the hush money indictment?  Nahhh.  Did you read the E Jean Carol verdict?  Nahh..

There ya go

excon This post was edited by excon at June 10, 2023 9:21 AM MDT
      June 10, 2023 8:54 AM MDT

It wouldn't matter whether or not any of these things were read.  Trump can do no wrong in this person's mind and nothing either of us could say would change that.

In fact, anyone who just looked at the pictures would realize that Trump is not the innocent he claims to be. This post was edited by Spunky at June 10, 2023 8:21 PM MDT
      June 10, 2023 9:21 AM MDT

Hello again, S:

Without having said the words, I was describing a cult.  We keep wondering WHEN these people will come to their senses..  And, you're right.  The answer is, NEVER!

excon
      June 10, 2023 9:36 AM MDT

Just a little light reading material. 
      June 10, 2023 2:44 PM MDT