Active Now

Element 99
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » I automatically try to find the silver lining/look on the bright side. I am having trouble finding one today. What is the bright side?

I automatically try to find the silver lining/look on the bright side. I am having trouble finding one today. What is the bright side?

Posted - November 9, 2016

Responses

• Just a few random things ... no more pantsuits or screaming vultures.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at November 9, 2016 6:10 AM MST
      November 9, 2016 6:10 AM MST

Good morning Rosie and Happy Wednesday!

The American people have resoundingly rejected the political establishment in the only way our very broken system allowed.

A majority of Americans including a significant portion of people who voted Trump over Clinton do not approve of the sex offender president-elect and do not want him to govern anymore than we do.  I have already contacted the offices of both my senators and my congresswoman (all Republican) and urged them to stop Trump by any means even if it means working with Democrats or leaving the Republican Party altogether.

Hope this helps!
      November 9, 2016 6:28 AM MST

Hi Christine! It is the unhappiest day of my life except when my dad died. I cannot belleve that what happened happened. I see disaster ahead. Thank you for your thoughtful answer m'dear. I know many Republicans did not want that person anywhere near the White House but he is going to occupy it in January! Happy Wednesday! :( The unhappy face is because I'm unhappy and has nothing to do with you! :)
      November 9, 2016 7:05 AM MST

The candidate I didn't like won and the other candidate I didn't like lost, that's my silver lining. I can find the bright side just about anywhere.
      November 9, 2016 6:40 AM MST

I am glad you are happy. I am very unhappy.  I'm either in shock or very depressed. In either case  it will take me awhile to get my bearings. It is a shock to discover that so many American citizens support a racist/bigot/homophobic/misogynistic/sexual pervert/Putin lover/traitor like him. Thank you for your reply Patch and Happy Wednesday. :( Color me unhappy.
      November 9, 2016 7:09 AM MST

Aww I'm sorry, RosieG. I was shocked as well, but I scrounged up any thing I can to atleast make me feel a little better. It can be hard, especially in this sort of situation.
      November 9, 2016 7:17 AM MST

If the ACA is not repealed, a lot of Americans could end up homeless as apartment complexes are ruthless.  I had an overdrawn bank account for three of the last four weeks and while I had to go hungry a few times, at least my rent check cleared.  The idea of being hit with a tax penalty because I miscalculated my income for the health insurance subsidy terrifies me.  I can't afford basic expenses as it is.

Now, I voted for a conservative anyway, even if it handed the election to Clinton, but I don't fault other Americans for voting for whoever they thought would give them the best hope of supporting themselves and staying in their homes.  Being really hungry for seven hours straight because you are at work and your card was declined and you cannot even buy a $0.99 snack tends to put things in perspective.  I now struggle with anxiety every time I run my card at the grocery store.  It is hard to worry about the big picture when you are worried about survival.

It is easy for pundits in their comfortable chairs with their six-figure salaries to moralize about racist and sexist comments.  They have never been hungry or lived in fear of being evicted from their homes.

Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result.  Americans have been electing government insiders like Hillary Clinton for decades and they get poorer and poorer and Clinton and her friends give each other more and more money.  Some of Trump's supporters are racists, but a lot of others are hungry and did the most sane thing they could do.  They voted for someone different.
      November 9, 2016 9:00 PM MST

November 9, 2016 1:50 PM MST

Don't be a sour winner!  :(
      November 9, 2016 8:39 PM MST

""I well know, o Jehovah, that man's way does not belong to him. It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step." (Jeremiah 10:23) as humans we are all flawed. the prophet Jeremiah recognized that and was an example of whom we should put our trust in. when you learn to trust in Jehovah God for guidance you will never feel disillusioned by any human. another very faithful serveant and prophet recorded this advice from Jehovah God: "this is what Jehovah says, your repurchaser, the Holy One of Israel: I Jehovah am your God, the One teaching you to benefit yourself, the One guiding you in the way you should walk. if only you would pay attention to my commandments! then your peace would become like a river and your righteousness like the waves of the sea." (Isaiah 48:17)
    Rosie, this is the time for you to prove who you are. Christians know that the words of Jesus Christ have never rung so true: "but as these things start to occur, stand up straight and lift up your heads, because your deliverance is getting near." (Luke21:29)now is not the time for you to lower your head in defeat. there is a future ahead very soon for those that wholeheartedly trust that the solution lies in the heavens where Jehovah God's kingdom operates from. it is already transforming lives earthwide. don't let the outcome of this event affect your life, but recognize it as proof that other significant events will soon unfold. 
      November 9, 2016 10:21 PM MST