Active Now

Echooos
Danilo_G
Element 99
Zack
Discussion » Questions » Communication » What are you thoughts about this post.

What are you thoughts about this post.

Posted - July 29, 2023

Responses

I didn't even want to watch it.
      July 29, 2023 12:07 PM MDT

Nope.  Not gonna do it.
      July 29, 2023 12:48 PM MDT

I'm with you all the way.  A Hospital or doctor can't remember which one wanted to scan mine for id purposes, I heartily declined.  
      July 30, 2023 12:04 PM MDT

I don't blame you.  I don't to the biometric sign on on my online banking either. I don't want anything like that tied to my money. 
      July 30, 2023 4:52 PM MDT

Well, this sent me down a rabbit hole. I am skeptical of the claim of long lines of people waiting to be scanned for cash. The amount they are paying, 25 World Coin, is worth about  $0.35 USD. The implication seemed to be that having our biometric information would allow us to be controlled, but haven't millions of people had their fingerprints taken or voluntarily sent DNA samples to private companies? So, while I don't rule anything out, I'm not clear how it would work. And I can certainly see how a universal ID could have some benefits, especially in this age of artificial intelligence. 

There is way too much that I don't understand about World Coin and its intentions to form any conclusions. I will sit back and see how this plays out.
      July 29, 2023 8:11 PM MDT

There is so much about us that is already on the internet, information that we have voluntarily given.  Retina scans are certainly one way of preventing ID fraud.  I would have no objection to that.  In fact, I believe I had my retina scanned when I visited El Salvador. This post was edited by Spunky at July 30, 2023 10:56 AM MDT
      July 30, 2023 7:25 AM MDT

I believe the long lines were in Europe where this technology was rolled out.  It has come to the U.S., I'm interested to see how many will sign up.  I found a site that said it is being advertised in Santa Monica California and showed the Ad signs.  
      July 30, 2023 12:07 PM MDT

I did some more checking and what they were giving out were 25 World Coin tokens which would sell for $70 or $80 USD. That makes more sense. I also learned that they do not collect names or any personal information to go with the ID created by the orb scan. Since eye scans are already used for security purposes, I'm not sure this is as nefarious as some are making it out to be, but I don't know that much. Since I'm not into crypto currency, no need for me to jump into anything.
      July 30, 2023 1:06 PM MDT

This is going to be a universal rollout eventually, I do not want my eyeball scan available to anyone much less a foreign country. They are starting slow, nothing to fear here...it seems, it's not for me now or ever.  This post was edited by . at July 30, 2023 1:50 PM MDT
      July 30, 2023 1:48 PM MDT