Discussion » Questions » Politics » “Nobody who puts himself above the Constitution should be president of the United States.”

“Nobody who puts himself above the Constitution should be president of the United States.”

That’s a direct quote from Mike Pence talking about Trump.

So why would anyone vote for someone willing to put himself above the Constitution?

Posted - August 2, 2023

Responses

Mother let them descend for a moment so he could make that comment, but I doubt she'll let them stay that way.  Soon enough, Pence will be backpedaling on that statement.
      August 3, 2023 6:53 AM MDT

From what I can gather, not everyone interprets the Constitution the same way. For example, some claim that if you tell the VP he can reject lawfully cast votes, that is free speech protected by the First Amendment. 
      August 3, 2023 8:34 AM MDT

I believe that would fall under the same theory as yelling fire in a crowded theatre when there's no fire.  Free speech in that case goes out the window.  Rejecting lawfully cast votes is not free speech - it's treason and and the undermining of our democracy and should be dealt with by a firing squad and no covering of his eyes.  I wan him to see every bullet that comes his way. This post was edited by Spunky at August 3, 2023 10:34 AM MDT
      August 3, 2023 10:33 AM MDT