Active Now

Element 99
Zack
Discussion » Questions » Celebrities » Missing him - - have you seen this movie?

Missing him - - have you seen this movie?

Director William Friedkin's (R.I.P.)    "Bug"

Just start watching it; do not read anything about it

Bug (2006) [DVD]

Every movie I've seen that Friedkin directed has been great to me

Posted - August 10, 2023

Responses

Nope, no way, no how. I did read about it a while back (I really, really like Harry Connick, Jr., so it piqued my interest when I saw it listed on Netflix or Hulu or whatever). I immediately knew just from the description that watching it would be pure idiocy (for me). I don't need that kind of 'disturbing'! I'm disturbed enough! ;) 

I did like Harry very much in the movie 'Copycat'. And it stars Dermot Mulroney, too... another fave of mine. I like suspense, but nothing too disturbing. 
      August 10, 2023 7:34 PM MDT

I get it. :)

Harry is very good in the movie to me.  :)

Everyone in the movie I found good.
    Ashley Judd blew me away.

I saw the movie at a matinee showing and I ended up being the only person in the entire  theater.  A great unusual experience for me. It was an unusual kind of disturbing movie. Excellent for me, too.

August 11, 2023 6:05 AM MDT

For me, Harry is one of those celebrities who just exudes goodness and talent. 

I have thought about the Judd sisters more than once since their mother's death. I can't imagine having to endure public scrutiny and criticism while dealing with such a loss. 
      August 12, 2023 8:13 AM MDT

Well-said, all around. Agreed.
      August 13, 2023 8:49 PM MDT

I liked it, I'd give it two thumbs up. 
      August 11, 2023 5:58 AM MDT

Very cool. I liked it a lot, too!
    I saw the movie at a matinee showing and I ended up being the only person in the entire  theater.  A great unusual experience for me.
      August 11, 2023 6:05 AM MDT

It's actually one of my favorites. 
      August 11, 2023 12:03 PM MDT

Wow!

I knew nothing of the movie before planning to see it. I only knew Friedkin directed it and that is why I wanted to see it. Amazing, amazing, amazing powerful movie for me.
    And I like having seen it in a big empty (other than me) theater.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at August 15, 2023 11:56 AM MDT
      August 11, 2023 5:45 PM MDT