Active Now

Gino LOLobrigida
Malizz
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » I was just remembering....

I was just remembering....

A lap top that was stolen during a burglary of my home.  It had Corel Draw, Corel photo paint, Adobe and others.  All my designs I had put so much time into are gone with the wind and the ability to make more, since I don't have the programs any longer.  
Everything I had on there kept me artistically in the "zone," excited every single day about something new to create, paint, draw, put together.  Sometimes creating a design on my laptop then actually making the object. .  Now I have acrylics, watercolor, charcoal and paint pens that are drying out.  I sit at the table with all the art supplies I have collected....then say to myself....I got nothing, just draw a blank.  That excitement of creating is gone.  Something happened when my home was broken into and such a treasure was taken from me, like a balloon when you quickly let all the air out of it.  I miss that happy part of me. Just sayin...

Posted - August 15, 2023

Responses

lap top laptop
      August 15, 2023 7:24 PM MDT

Whether this was recent or a while ago, that sounds like a challenging experience.

But even in your use of the analogy of air released from a balloon --  your creativity is still alive.  :)

August 18, 2023 5:28 PM MDT