Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Should Trump call PA Willis as a witness?

Should Trump call PA Willis as a witness?

Posted - August 28, 2023

Responses

Nobody who is not a trial attorney is qualified to answer, and Trump cannot call anyone as a witness unless he represents himself.
      August 28, 2023 7:12 AM MDT

Stop splitting hairs. 
    When someone says a person should/could call someone as a witness everyone knows that means their attorney to call them to testify on behalf of their client. 

And we all can have an opinion regardless of our professions. 
      August 28, 2023 8:13 AM MDT

What would he call DA Willis to testify about?  She made that post in 2020 and, thereafter, Georgia votes were counted and recounted and no appreciable fraud was found that would have changed the results.  If you added up all the votes that were improperly cast throughout the country, Trump would still not have more votes than Biden, nor would he have had enough Electoral College votes to win.  So, I'll ask again, what would be the purpose of her testimony?
      August 28, 2023 8:29 AM MDT

For this to make sense, you have to mistakenly think the indictment is for saying the election is rigged instead of for conspiring to change the results. 
      August 28, 2023 9:35 AM MDT

Telling them to get rid of the fraudulent votes and count the legal votes, it legal and how it is done. Ask Bush and Gore or Abrams.  Trump had every right to demand the people who no longer live in GA not to be counted and to be counted the people who were forced to vote a provisional ballot because someone else voted for them via mail.  These ballot were enough to change the results.  

Nothing illegal about insisting on an election with integrity. This post was edited by my2cents at August 28, 2023 6:41 PM MDT
      August 28, 2023 3:44 PM MDT

I doubt you have read the 97 page indictment. I also doubt that you have listened to the entire one hour phone call with Trump, the Georgia Secretary of State and others. (That phone call was  made one day after a Trump campaign funded investigation found no evidence of widespread voter fraud.) I have done both, because I don't trust secondhand information. I think it is important to understand what Trump is charged with and what evidence supports those claims. You appear to be defending something that he was not charged with.
      August 28, 2023 7:23 PM MDT

No, there is nothing illegal about insisting on an election with integrity, but the fact that the votes were counted and recounted and, after eliminating the invalid ballots, Trump still did not have the votes over Biden.  Why are you unable to understand that?  
      August 29, 2023 8:53 AM MDT

The problem they did not remove the illegal ballots...so of course they got the same result on recount. 
      August 29, 2023 1:19 PM MDT

There is no proof that there were illegal ballots, counted or uncounted.

Give up the delusions already.
      August 29, 2023 2:54 PM MDT

She can explain why she assumed the election officals would be cheating.  And why it is illegal for Trump claim cheating but not for her.
      August 28, 2023 11:10 AM MDT

Now who’s splitting hairs?
      August 28, 2023 11:13 AM MDT

Not me.
      August 28, 2023 2:24 PM MDT

Where does it say cheating? Is it so bad to encourage them to be careful, especially when being distracted by water leaks?  
      August 28, 2023 7:32 PM MDT

"WHAT BALLOTS ARE THEY THROWING OUT?"   That is cheating....she is assuming the election workers are doing. 

Also there was NO water leak. 
      August 29, 2023 6:45 AM MDT

Ballots can be rejected (thrown out) for a number of legitimate reasons and its important to ensure that it's done carefully. And yes,there was a burst pipe which  delayed ballot counting. You can easily verify that. 
      August 29, 2023 7:02 AM MDT

She did not say rejected ballots....she said "throwing ballots out.  
    NO there was not a pipe that burst. There was no water leak, etc.  There was a urinal that overflowed....no emergency.  Just a job for the janitor.  Was no need to delay counting ballots. 
      August 29, 2023 7:15 AM MDT

Why are you trying to litigate this on here? It’s a legal matter for a court to rule on.

Nobody here has all the facts or knowledge of the law.
      August 29, 2023 7:32 AM MDT

Yes, the leak came from a urinal and took two hours to repair. So what? You don't like the term Willis used. So what?

Your mind is closed. I'm done here.
      August 29, 2023 7:48 AM MDT

Clearly, when we read something, you and I interpret it in very different ways.  I don't see her assuming there would be cheating.  I see her admonishing election officials to make sure they do their jobs properly.
      August 29, 2023 8:57 AM MDT

Either way, the crap is about to start hitting the fan, so fasten your seatbelt!
      August 28, 2023 10:20 AM MDT

If Willis calling for an election to  be carefully watched to ensure votes are counted accurately is something that will help Trump's case, sure, why not?

https://www.newsweek.com/viral-post-alleges-fani-willis-questioned-georgia-election-results-1822555
      August 28, 2023 9:22 AM MDT

He should have her explain why she assumed the people conducting the election would be cheating.  She is much closer to the situation than Trump.  
      August 28, 2023 11:09 AM MDT

Obviously, she was prescient about Trump and his sh*t show band of liars.
      August 28, 2023 12:15 PM MDT

The election workers are either honorable or they are not.  She obviously believes they are not. 
    And yes, the case is about the GA phone call. Which is all about the fraud that took place in GA. And in the call itself, Trump describes the fraud known at that time.  That is part of what Trump is telling them to find.  Fine the fraudulent votes (more than enough to effect the result) and find the legitimate votes that had not been counted.  The judge will have to let Trump and the other present the evidence of that fraud.  There will be no "no standing" orders etc.  The evidence is relevant and they will not be able to ignore it....so oh yes, the it is going to hit the fan. 
      August 28, 2023 3:37 PM MDT