Discussion » Questions » Emotions » What words comfort you in time of sadness?

What words comfort you in time of sadness?

Last night I couldn't sleep. I stayed awake until 4:00 am, because I was in shock over seeing the counting of the electorate votes and watching Hillary's lead disappear. Then I felt so angry. This morning, I started crying listening to Hillary give her concessional speech. I was touched by her words of encouragement. 

I began to thing about quotes from the Bible: "Weeping my endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning."

So words do comfort people. Those are my words for you. Do you have any words for me? 

Posted - November 9, 2016

Responses

Drive carefully and always know where the exits are.
      November 9, 2016 12:25 PM MST

Wise. 
      November 9, 2016 12:47 PM MST

• "The kingdom of heaven is a condition of the heart. Not something that comes upon the Earth or after death."

Friedrich Nietzsche
    The 'kingdom of Heaven' is a condition of the heart - not something that comes 'upon the earth' or 'after death.' Friedrich Nietzsche
    Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/f/friedrich_nietzsche.html
    The 'kingdom of Heaven' is a condition of the heart - not something that comes 'upon the earth' or 'after death.' Friedrich Nietzsche
    Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/f/friedrich_nietzsche.html
      November 9, 2016 12:32 PM MST

I am not comforted.  Sai Baba said that this decade will be the most difficult the world has yet to witness.  He said we will endure a lot of hardship and then, finally we shall have a long peace.  I hope I live long enough to see that part.
      November 9, 2016 12:35 PM MST

My motto; 'even the losers get lucky sometimes'.  -from Tom Petty
      November 9, 2016 12:44 PM MST

If you are going the Tom Petty route, I think this one is more apropos at this black time.

November 9, 2016 12:46 PM MST

No words...I just listen to some music. My wife can't cheer me  up.
      November 9, 2016 1:32 PM MST

• What kinds of music do you enjoy most?
      November 9, 2016 1:51 PM MST

Oldies rock (60s and 70s Go figure...I am 65.) Classical. What about you?
      November 9, 2016 2:06 PM MST

• Large range.
    Love some of the oldies rock, much classical, and especially love world music fusions
    Hate most pop, disco, house, duff, cruner and country.
      November 9, 2016 2:14 PM MST

Disco is awesome. My wife and I won a dance contest during the disco era.
      November 10, 2016 4:28 AM MST