Active Now

my2cents
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » How do I get the sound back on Verizon iPhone to work as new?

How do I get the sound back on Verizon iPhone to work as new?

When I play the Verizon iPhone, it had lost the sound from plugging in the charge, Message, Alarm: & any of the App programs unless I hook the headphone or earbud to it.
Do you know what was the problem of the sound from Verizon iPhone?
What action I will do on the Verizon iPhone to get the sound back completely working normal again?

Posted - December 7, 2023

Responses

Why don't you call Verizon?
      December 7, 2023 11:23 AM MST

I think that I would just use the side buttons & screen on phone, & try it with just that (at home).
    YouTube & Google website-didn't get me the exact info that I would use for that at first.
      December 7, 2023 2:06 PM MST

And maybe Livvie might know more about the iPhone including Verizon, probably Livvie has helped me with the Screen Time-out or Auto-Lock from the iPhone.
      December 7, 2023 4:13 PM MST

My phone used to do that sometimes but now it doesn’t.  The problem went away all on its own.  Either that, or I accidentally fixed without paying attention to what I did.

The first solution was to make sure it was 100% charged before I went to sleep so it wasn’t plugged in when I needed my alarm in the morning.

Let’s go through the normal troubleshooting I would do if I had your complaint right now.  First, make sure the volume button on your phone is turned all the way up.  Those are the two buttons on the left side.  The top one turns it up.

Next, click on Settings, then select Sounds & Haptics.

The blue volume bar you see at the top should be all the way to the right.  The two buttons you see on the bottom, Lock Sound and System Haptics, should be turned on.

If that’s not working, where did you buy your charger?  If it’s a charger you picked up at the gas station and not the (way more expensive) approved Apple charger, you might have that problem.  With chargers that aren’t approved by Apple, the iPhone will sometimes think the charger is instead a set of headphones and try to play all of the sound through that, but since it’s a charger and not headphones, it’ll just be silence.

Also, see if your phone has any updates available and if it does, update it.

If that still doesn’t work and nobody else here has any other ideas, then take it to the Genius Bar, Geek Squad or any computer or phone repair shop.  I hope this helps.

This post was edited by Livvie at December 7, 2023 10:55 PM MST
      December 7, 2023 10:53 PM MST

Put the volume all the way would be really too loud.
    Then any other (sound) settings I could try on the iPhone?
    Okay, the sound to the app program still not working after I set the Lock Sound & System Haptics, just have to connect earbuds to get sound from that too.
    I didn't see where it show any update, do you know where do I go to set updates from iPhone?
    I just use the phone cord(connected to plug cube) that came with the iPhone.
      December 8, 2023 10:38 AM MST

I got the iPhone plugged in to charge(no sound for an App program), but made little vibration when hook to charge the phone after I set the Lock Sound & System Haptics.
      December 8, 2023 10:59 AM MST

It lost (some of) it's sound since I just opened-up, took off the phone cover, & clean the phone, should I try open it & remove the cover again (& kind of like clean the inside(phone) of it) & see if might do the same effect to see if that does anything?
      December 8, 2023 11:47 AM MST

Livvie-my Verizon iPhone sound problem has solved, it was just the little silence button that's hidden under the rubber tab that's over the 2 volume buttons.
      December 11, 2023 4:27 PM MST