Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » How can a party which claims to be Democratic remove political rivals from the ballots (both primary & general)?

How can a party which claims to be Democratic remove political rivals from the ballots (both primary & general)?

And then claim, somehow the other party is the Fascist???
It is not just Trump. There are 4 state primaries who are not allowing Biden"s three or four challengers for the nomination on the primary ballots.    FL, TN, NC, and Mass...currently are not allowing anyone else on Dem primary ballot. 

Posted - December 21, 2023

Responses

How exactly did Romney, Bush and McCain betray you?  If you’re in the middle class, working class or a small business owner, they were never your people in the first place.  They’re the country club crowd. This post was edited by Livvie at December 27, 2023 6:52 AM MST
      December 25, 2023 6:57 PM MST

Bush: 1 was going to pass an amnesty (with Juan McCain)  before securing the border (the People stopped it)
    2. Fair Trade deals...(send my job to another country deals) Defended American companies leaving America costing jobs. 
    3. Lied about nuclear weapons in Iraq....costing American lives.
    4. Patriot Act...spying on Amerians

McCain: Tried many times to get amnesty passed, after 10yrs campaigning against Obama care...voted to save it. And time there was a compromise bill betraying was Republicans campaign on, you could guarantee McCain was part of the "gang of #"....his wife sold her American company to a foreign company.  He had a long history of flip flopping (betraying his voters)

Romney:  Longer history of flip flopping. He enacted Obama care in his state before anyone even heard of Obama.  
    Was afraid to stand up to China on tariffs and intellectual property.

This post was edited by my2cents at December 26, 2023 10:11 PM MST
      December 26, 2023 7:08 AM MST

All of those things are things that the establishment country-club part of the Republican Party, the things that you call the RINOs, wanted and supported.  Any flip-flopping was because of the Republican candidates telling the little people what they wanted to hear on divisive social issues so they could get elected.  They don’t believe or support any of it.

Obamacare, which is the Affordable Care Act, wasn’t even Mitt Romney’s idea.  It was a scheme hatched by the Heritage Foundation (those are Republicans) in 1989.  President Obama implemented something that was entirely a Republican idea.
      December 26, 2023 10:28 PM MST

Exactly.  But point is they campaigned on it (some for decades) and then betrayed those voters. 
      December 27, 2023 7:07 AM MST

I know you are an Independent.  I was that way when I was your age. I referred to myself as a liberal Republican.  

So I have hope for you as you get older. :)
      December 24, 2023 11:55 AM MST

I don’t know about that.  My dad is 66 and he’s still an independent.  That’s where I learned it.  I can still hear my dad telling me one of his favorite lines “Just because someone said so isn’t good enough.”, which I’ve always applied to politics.

In my family the staunch Republican (my mom) and the staunch Democrat (a cousin from Minnesota) are the outliers.  Everybody else is either an independent, apolitical or a straight Libertarian ticket voter.

I never told my mom or that cousin from Minnesota about this website, nor do I ever plan to tell them about it even though both of them would definitely contribute a lot of content.  Most of it would be political stuff.
      December 25, 2023 7:14 PM MST

You absolutely should apply that to politics.   Or as the Bible says "know them by their fruits."

I am more conservative than my parents but they have been coming along.  Trump is the first candidate we all agreed on.  

You should invite them. We could use more action here. :) This post was edited by my2cents at December 27, 2023 1:32 PM MST
      December 26, 2023 7:15 AM MST

I’m still not going to tell them about Answermug, lol.  If one or both of them ever came here, I’d probably leave.  That one cousin from Minnesota would definitely add a lot of content.  I think she could realistically post at least ten, maybe up to twenty Trump-hate questions every day.  That would keep you busy.

With my mom, I can already argue with her in-person any time I want so I don’t really need to do it here.
      December 27, 2023 1:41 PM MST