Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Think of the most recent time you picked at your food and/or just pushed it around the plate instead of eating it, why did you do that?

Think of the most recent time you picked at your food and/or just pushed it around the plate instead of eating it, why did you do that?

[And yes, my reason for doing it was mayonnaise-related. Grrrrrrr.]

~

Posted - January 15

Responses

To be honest, I don't put food on my plate that I'm going to just push around.  
      January 15, 2024 11:55 AM MST

Let’s look at it in situations where someone else served the meal to you, or for whatever other reason it’s been put before you and doesn’t meet your expectations or your approval. Think outside the box.
       ~

January 16, 2024 8:24 AM MST

Honestly, I can't think of any such situation.  When I eat at a restaurant, I order what I like.  When I eat at someone's house, they don't usually serve the meal - it's put out for you to take what you like.
      January 17, 2024 8:22 AM MST

That isn't really like me.  If I don't want to eat something I likely don't even touch it with my fork.  The one time I remember trying to make my plate look like I may have taken some bites was many years ago when my new husband took me to meet his grandparents.   They lived in a suburb of the the boonies.   We had to sleep there because it was so far from home.   I could not take a single bite for the dinner or the breakfast the next morning.   Breakfast was severely under-cooked scrambled eggs and something in a bowl that I could not identify.  Dinner the night before was a glass of milk and a piece of cornbread for dipping.  It gets worse.    When we went to our room for the night, it was freezing cold in there and the drapes were covered with wasps.  They told us as long as it was cold the wasps would not move. I started crying and didn't stop all night.   After insuring there were no wasps in or on the bed, I got under the cover, head and all and wrapped myself in the top sheet under the old dusty quilts.  I didn't even take my clothes off.  I told my husband that we had to leave at first light.  But, as fate would have it, we were led to the kitchen for that horrible breakfast experience I've already
    mentioned.  We have laughed about this for more years than I care to say.  But it was truly traumatizing for me.  I shall never forget it.

Sorry I strayed, but once I was reminded of this I couldn't not tell the whole thing.  In fact I left out a very important part but, maybe later.  :) This post was edited by Thriftymaid at January 15, 2024 4:18 PM MST
      January 15, 2024 1:33 PM MST

OMG, that was an awful experience.  Wasps give me the hebbie jeebies, don't like them either.
      January 15, 2024 4:22 PM MST

Your hebbie should be a heebie. 

~

January 16, 2024 8:26 AM MST

I never do that.  I buy the food, what I purchase is all I can afford, so whatever it is I eat it and shut up about about it (it's better than having nothing).
      January 15, 2024 1:59 PM MST

Let’s look at it in situations where someone else served the meal to you, someone else paid for it, or for whatever other reason it’s been put before you and doesn’t meet your expectations or your approval. For instance, you’ve been invited to the Randolph Ranch and Randy D himself has served a meal that he prepared.  Think outside the box.
       ~
      January 16, 2024 8:27 AM MST

I can't cite a specific incident, but the most common reason for me to be unable to eat food that was served to me, is if I have seem someone's fingers touch it, see them eat from the serving spoon, or similar actions. My stomach recoils at the thought of ingesting someone else's germs. 
      January 15, 2024 2:04 PM MST

I'm right there with you.  How about double dippers, always on the lookout for those.  hahaha This post was edited by . at January 16, 2024 6:44 AM MST
      January 15, 2024 4:23 PM MST

( . . . if I have seem seen . . . )

January 15, 2024 4:43 PM MST

I'm not telling you again. I may soon join those who no longer respond to your posts.
      January 15, 2024 6:01 PM MST

That’s fine. I can’t show you favorism all the time; the others are getting jealous that because you’re in love with me, I give you free passes sometimes.

Folks, I’m up against an ultimatum here! It’s a heads or tails moment for me, far too much at stake here. Duty or heartstrings, I’m torn. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

~

January 16, 2024 8:34 AM MST

You do realize, of course, that I am quite willing for you to share some of your germs with me, correct?

~

January 15, 2024 4:44 PM MST

I can't leave you alone for one minute and you are right back to chasing Jane.  Perhaps I'm making you feel to secure?

This post was edited by . at January 16, 2024 8:20 AM MST
      January 16, 2024 1:37 AM MST

“Chasing”? Harumpf!!We here at Randolph Worldwide Industries International Incorporated Limited Global prefer the term unstalklike stalking. Thank you very much. 

~

January 16, 2024 8:20 AM MST

Never mind then; a white porcelain bathtub, ever heard of copper?

January 16, 2024 10:07 AM MST

(too secure)

January 16, 2024 8:21 AM MST

You is my people.........:)
      January 16, 2024 2:59 PM MST

I either eat or I don't.  No need to play with it on the plate. 
      January 16, 2024 10:50 AM MST