Active Now

Element 99
DannyPetti
Shuhak
Pet Eater
Discussion » Questions » Books and Literature » When a parent took you shopping did you pick up a cheap book like Rear View Mirror to disavow your overdone intellectualism?

When a parent took you shopping did you pick up a cheap book like Rear View Mirror to disavow your overdone intellectualism?

And only read 5 pages like every book you like the name or looks of? I was going: Wow! This book says it's wordy and fabulist!

Posted - March 27

Responses

When my mother took me shopping there was nothing in my hand except hers or her clothing.  I held on to my mother when we went downtown to shop. 
      March 27, 2024 1:23 PM MDT

I picture this so well!
    Very cool!
    I really like how you wrote your answer, too.
    :)
      August 6, 2024 11:25 AM MDT

I remember when I was about 11 or 12 years old I saw this book in a book store in the mall in which we were walking.

"Mom! Dad! Can I get this book?!"  The artwork and title immediately caught me.

By this time, they knew I was intrigued by suspense/scary themes/horror, and they knew I dealt with it all well. 
    I was allowed to get it.

The book started my literal life (so far)-long love and admiration of the movie. 
    Yeah, and as far as horror, I find this movie is pretty doggone intellectual and "real-life"-based. And I've told everyone ever since how much I like the movie.

After reading the book the first time, I then started reading the book to my friends outside in my backyard - - "Hey, we have to get home fast after school! 'WelbyQ' is reading the next chapter of 'Night of the Living Dead!' "

And the cover of the book is flawless to me.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at August 13, 2024 2:04 AM MDT
      August 6, 2024 11:24 AM MDT