Active Now

Element 99
Zack
Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Think Biden is the only candidate with dementia? Think again.

Think Biden is the only candidate with dementia? Think again.

I'm not qualified to diagnose that. Dr John Gartner is.

https://thinkbigpicture.substack.com/p/john-gartner-trump-cognitive-decline

Posted - April 11

Responses

Firstly,  I do not think Joe Biden has dementia and neither does the author of your article. I am not an expert, but I think  that a few slip ups are probably a combination of normal aging and the sheer stress of being President. He appears to be fully capable of doing his job as are many, many people his age. People of all ages occasionally call someone by the wrong name or forget which year an important event happened.  That is not dementia. 

As for Trump, he does not appear to me to have the level of intelligence and critical thinking skills that are required for the job of president. That said, I don't look at his many gaffes and unhinged rants as being dementia. How many people can run a campaign and juggle four criminal cases and show no signs of stress? I also wouldn't be surprised if it turns out he uses pharmaceuticals to maintain his schedule and that contributes to his rambling.

Voters should be focused on the issues, the record, and the values of the candidates, not on some media-hyped debate on which of these old men is declining faster.
      April 12, 2024 4:56 AM MDT