Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Education » Well? It's up to you.

Well? It's up to you.

Posted - June 12

Responses

It's a bit hard to study history without going over race. Or reading, writing, and civics, and at least the people involved in math and science, without mentioning gender. 

Well, on second thought, it would be a lot easier. Which it probably shouldn't be.
      June 12, 2024 4:05 PM MDT

I learned all of that reading,writing rithmatic stuf without all the othe woke crap.
      June 12, 2024 7:44 PM MDT

This isn't a new issue; people have been decrying the bad influences of popular phenomena (music, beliefs, speech, what-have-you) forever. But there are a lot of excessive views on it in the media. Many of the things people worry about just aren't actually taking place.
      June 14, 2024 4:16 AM MDT

Religion doesn't belong in government schools, other than the influence of the various churches on history. Parochial schools can set their own agenda on that.
    Gender studies has its place as part of Social Studies but not as a separate subject on its own. CRT and BLM are absolutely part of political science and modern history,  nothing "woke" about it. Again, dot points and not separate subjects.
    A lot of this stuff should fall to the parents, ESPECIALLY sex ed, but too few parents these days either care enough or are prepared to make the time. It's stuff kids need to know about, and picking it up from their friends or the media is the worst way to do that. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at June 13, 2024 4:29 PM MDT
      June 12, 2024 10:48 PM MDT

Anything that cannot be read aloud or images shown during a school board meeting does not belong in a school library.  

Drag queens do not belong in schools.  And kids should not be allowed to attend their shows. 

This is not woke...it is child abuse. 

If I still had young children in school today...they would be home schooled. 
      June 14, 2024 7:29 AM MDT

I agree.
      June 14, 2024 8:08 AM MDT

Gender Studies has absolutely nothing to do with drag queens and you know it. Are you deliberately distorting the issue with irrelevancies?
    Reactionary school boards can also be a problem, the truth about the Civil War wasn't taught in southern schools for almost a century after the war ended.  There's your CRT and the seeds of BLM as well. Children who have one of both parents in a same-sex relationship shouldn't be ostracised or bullied either, neither should teens who identify as LGBTQI. Gender studies goes some way towards eliminating that.
    If you had home schooled children, they'd get the information anyway - a distorted view from the internet. Forget parental controls, my 7yo grandson can get around those. A parent can't police that 24/7.
      June 14, 2024 9:51 PM MDT