Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Does anyone believe Biden did not put Harris in charge of the border in 2021?

Does anyone believe Biden did not put Harris in charge of the border in 2021?

Posted - July 26

Responses

Not me.  Harris was in charge of the border but did nothing, absolutely nothing.

This post was edited by . at July 27, 2024 8:02 PM MDT
      July 26, 2024 6:31 PM MDT

Media is trying to claim she was not. 
      July 26, 2024 7:00 PM MDT

Heard that today, unbelievable, but some people will believe it, unfortunately. 
      July 26, 2024 8:12 PM MDT

Here, see if this clears it up for you. Or prove to me where the media is wrong. She was not in charge of the border, she had a responsibility and yes, she did something.  But if you still think she was in charge of the border,  explain to me why the House impeached Mayorkas for his handling of the border.

July 27, 2024 7:14 PM MDT

It's called gas lighting, lying or just a plain ole cover-up. 
      July 27, 2024 7:42 PM MDT

The Republicans impeached Mayorkas to cover up? I'm confused. Mayorkas is in charge of the border and has been since Biden took office, so who is covering up what? Nobody gaslight me.
      July 27, 2024 8:41 PM MDT

https://rumble.com/v58h78t-border-czar-kamala-harris.html

Media sure thought she was in charge... This post was edited by my2cents at July 29, 2024 9:01 AM MDT
      July 29, 2024 9:00 AM MDT

This clip is showing some media calling her the border czar  ( I  have no idea  where that term came from) and some pointing out that she was never put in charge of the border. This is the reason I do not use corporate media as the final source. I listened to what Biden said and drew my own conclusion. Apparently some media outlets made the same mistake you did in equating an assignment to work with countries to address root causes with taking over Alejandro Mayorkas role. Thank you for posting this, it backs up what I have been saying.

Edit: I want to add that I also do my own research when corporate media gives their interpretation of what Trump says. I do tend to cut him more slack than the media and sometimes give him the benefit  of the doubt.  That said, I am in no way changing my opposition to his election, but I can be sure I am basing it on my own observation,  not something I have been fed by the media. My political opinions are my own. This post was edited by Jane S at July 29, 2024 10:12 AM MDT
      July 29, 2024 9:44 AM MDT

I do not know who originally used the term either.  But the Media certainly did and said she was now in charge of reducing the inflow of illegals at the border.  Whatever her title is not what matters.  What matters is her failure to slow the number of illegals crossing the border.  That is her failure.  
      July 30, 2024 8:44 AM MDT

Her efforts at working with the Central American countries and the private sector to mitigate the issues that were causing people to leave those countries reduced the percentage of immigrants who come from those three countries by half.

And again, the video you supplied starts with fact checking and confirms she was not in charge of the border. The rest of the video is half media getting it wrong, and half getting it it right. 

What matters is judging her on what she was actually supposed to do, not what the media misinformation made you believe. Or what you want to believe.
      July 30, 2024 8:52 AM MDT

The first part is showing the media lying now...by claiming no one but Republicans referred to Harris as the border czar.  The other parts are showing that same media referring to Harris as border czar.  

Again. The title does not matter. Her failure is what matters.   
      July 30, 2024 8:56 AM MDT

How many ways can I say the same thing? Don't trust corporate media. What matters is the GOP putting partisan politics ahead of solving the problem. Yes, recent executive action are having an effect, but what is needed is for Congress to act and do their job of legislating. This is not a dictatorship.
      July 30, 2024 9:23 AM MDT

People can claim what they want to, but Biden proudly announced that he was putting Harris in charge of the border.  This is when the country started demanding that she do her job.  She never did as far as I know. 
      July 26, 2024 9:21 PM MDT

Media thinks they can tell people not to believe their lying eyes. 
      July 27, 2024 5:29 AM MDT

You can hear thst he did not put her in charge of the border, but rather with addressing the root causes of migration.  This post was edited by Jane S at July 27, 2024 1:43 PM MDT
      July 27, 2024 5:23 AM MDT

Exactly. 
      July 27, 2024 5:29 AM MDT

'Interesting' interpretation.
      July 27, 2024 6:37 AM MDT

They did lie about inheriting the situation.   They inherited the most secure border in my lifetime.  And Biden undid that day one with executive orders.

But the video does demonstrate Biden put her in charge of stopping the influx of illegals.   She did nothing....nothing. it got worse. And at the time we did not think it was possible.  The other countries laughed at her. This post was edited by my2cents at July 27, 2024 8:17 AM MDT
      July 27, 2024 7:29 AM MDT

Alejandro Mayorkas is in charge of border security, not the vice-president. Here is what Biden said in video. It is a much narrower focus than being a 'border czar' (made up title) implies. I do not disagree that she could have done more, but she did not do nothing, within the parameters or her responsibilities. 
      July 27, 2024 7:50 AM MDT

No one mentioned the term border czar here.  (Strawman bait ignored)

From the video, Biden putting her in charge of working with other countries to stop the illegals from coming....she failed. 
      July 27, 2024 7:57 AM MDT

Didn't mean to bait you. It's just a term, I keep hearing. I was just clarifying that she was not in charge of the border. I answered the question you asked. Nothing more.
      July 27, 2024 8:01 AM MDT

Since you gave me askers pick, does that imply that you agree that Harris was only given the task of working with Central American countries, not with securing the US-Mexico border?  In that case, thank you. If not, you may want to take it back.
      July 27, 2024 7:57 AM MDT

I gave the pick for the video...which you posted without comments.   So I did not give asker's pick any of your opinions. 

The video showed Harris was tasked with stopping the flow of illegals coming to the border....she failed miserably.  

This is partly why the Border Patrol endorsed Trump. 
      July 27, 2024 8:03 AM MDT

There are multiple issues to address to stem the influx of immigrants. She was given a fairly narrow focus, involving diplomacy and working with he private sector to address the root causes for people leaving their countries. Even more narrowly, it was just Central America. In my opinion, it is unreasonable to hold her responsible for the entire crisis at the border. Biden and Mayorkas had much more responsibility than Harris. 
      July 27, 2024 8:48 AM MDT