Active Now

Slartibartfast
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Holidays » How do I make a real-looking cardstock Christmas tree?

How do I make a real-looking cardstock Christmas tree?

How do I make a two feet high Christmas tree that looks real with many of the ornaments, Christmas lights, tree top, tree rug, tinsel, and several presents each have something inside of these, and all of these will be made with only just Cardstocks and tacky glue?

Posted - August 22

Responses

I googled it, looks difficult, especially with all the ornaments you want to put on.  Creative as you are I'm sure you will find a way.
      August 23, 2024 4:28 PM MDT

I will just decorate my own when I use just cardstocks to make it with, otherwise there may not be any that will follow any of (or even almost) of what cardstock tree that I will be making.
      August 23, 2024 6:02 PM MDT

I look forward to seeing the finished tree, I'm sure it will be awesome. 
      August 23, 2024 6:23 PM MDT

Yeah right! And that I don’t think it really have any of them from Google of what Christmas project that I will really gonna make.

I would tell you what list of other things I will make that to put with the cardstock Christmas tree project, which would make really fun to make the whole cardstock Christmas project:

1. The whole Christmas tree
    2. Top of tree: tree top of a clear ball with lots of clear spikes all around it, as would be called a star ball!
    3. To bottom of the tree: Tree rug-at bottom, I will decide what color pattern design for that.
    4. Over the rug: Train-track-see what different colors & shapes of each train cars, maybe about 4 to 6 train cars.
    5. Over the rug: Santa on sleigh followed by 8 reindeers as correct number of reindeers, & a kind of launcher to launch-up the sleigh with.
    On the tree: 6. 8 to 10 baubles-4 colors
    7. Few or several cartoon character ornaments-decide what particular cartoon characters
    8. Few or several (small & deep) objects-select some good objects + few or several color/weaved/crafted ornaments.
    9. Christmas lights-nearly as the one they use-maybe from 20 to 60 bulbs-4 to 6 colors.
    10. Tinsel-maybe silver & gold (all in thin strip/silver on strips and gold on wire?)
    11. Package-4 or 6 bottles of coke(only be made in cardstock,& clear sheet-as see through), chocolate Christmas tree, chocolate reindeers, chocolate Santa & chocolate snowman(none of these will be edible-just papers)-all covered in clear plastic & each right in their correct shapes of clear plastics-in its cardstock package
    12. Wreath-with pine cones, holly berries & (yellow), usually hung by the door
    13. 8 to 12 presents-decide what interesting designs & colors of wrapping papers into boxes with ribbons, bows & name tags, & think of other interesting things to put in each presents!

August 23, 2024 7:35 PM MDT

Good thing you are starting early. 
      August 25, 2024 2:24 PM MDT

Then to this 4 months-I think is really plenty time!
      August 25, 2024 3:13 PM MDT

Also several candy canes, kinetic ornaments, large snow globe, stockings with some small items/gifts in each;
    And all of these will be made with only just cardstocks, clear vinyl sheets, & tacky glue; & melted glue sticks if tacky glue won’t hold-in well.

Then I will list in the other extras to put with this whole cardstock Christmas tree project-later!
      August 23, 2024 7:42 PM MDT

And I have 4 whole months till December to make all these with!
      August 23, 2024 7:43 PM MDT

Wow, how did you learn how to do all of that? 
      August 23, 2024 7:48 PM MDT

First, I start-out with construction papers in different colors-then I made other different shapes & then complex things out of it, & I think it would be really cheap making the stuff that are all made of only construction papers, but still takes long making these things with it. Then I decide with something little sturdier than construction papers, which would be card stocks as my idea of making things with it, that may cost more than construction papers, then I got more creative & think of more ideas to make many more other things-this time with cardstocks, & next I even try making sort of likeness of a real objects-on some of them, which is still much cheaper than making real thing, & may take shorter time than making the real thing, even if it kind a take long time-in just cardstock, then I would make more & more with just that, as I may like start having more fun making more of that with just cardstocks, as like develop many more, then more complex of more & more new things of my imagination!
      August 24, 2024 7:06 PM MDT

As I make the snow globe of my own as not buying any snow globe from any store, it would not make any music, it would not continuously turn on it’s own, & there won’t be any bright light to it, because what snow globe I be making will be made with only just cardstock, clear vinyl sheet & tacky glue-that’s all the materials right there-nothing else! Just almost all cardstock! But to use as light for the cardstock snow globe, will use glow-in-the-dark paint.
    Then you’ll know that the snow globe at a store-then it can do all those things-music, continuously moving & bright light! And would cost much more than a cardstock snow globe (that I will make at home)
      August 24, 2024 7:16 PM MDT

In the winter I live in a snow globe. 
      August 25, 2024 2:23 PM MDT

I saw your post out-of-context, sorry.
    I'll post the image anyway.  :)

Inside the snow globe
      August 25, 2024 2:42 PM MDT

Yes, that's a good one. 
      August 25, 2024 3:18 PM MDT

Some funny thing about this is that it gotten to or follows what I’m making, with it telling that it would had more painful problems than I would imagine(just to this scene)!
      August 29, 2024 2:59 PM MDT

You went in a really large glass ball? Does it have a clear door that you have to open-up to get in it with?
      August 25, 2024 3:18 PM MDT

Better re-think that, you probably won't like it..at all. 
      August 25, 2024 3:20 PM MDT

I probably think it would sort of keep you warm (inside the ball) during the cold winter (?)
      August 25, 2024 3:51 PM MDT

When it gets cold every bone in my back hurts due to osteoporosis and crumbling bones for a simple explanation.  I dread the winter for many reasons, trying to maneuver through the snow, bringing my groceries in, etc.  I read the other day, only 1 in 4 people make it to my age, they are blessed to escape old age and all it's problems, in my opinion.  Don't know why I'm still here. 

This post was edited by . at August 25, 2024 4:42 PM MDT
      August 25, 2024 4:36 PM MDT

That is okay, good enough of other explanations!
      August 25, 2024 4:45 PM MDT

Sounds very awful & very unpleasant, is it!
    Was it really painful with the work & condition?
      August 27, 2024 2:37 PM MDT

Then after it’s finished making, I will have to take picture of it to send it in-here, but it would be very long time before that!
      August 24, 2024 7:18 PM MDT