Active Now

Element 99
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Humor and Jokes » What is the last funny or silly thing you did?

What is the last funny or silly thing you did?

The other morning I was up at 3 am, went outside, sat in my chair on the porch.  Saw an Owl with a white face perched on a cross I have in my backyard.  I began talking to it to see if we could be friends, was out there for a while talking to this owl. Was amazed at how still it was and didn't move.  The next day I again went outside and looked at the cross hoping to see the owl re-appear.  There wasn't an owl but merely the end of a piece of wood which was white. I had been talking to a piece of wood all along.  Hope none of my neighbors were up at that time and saw me talking to nothing.  I'm still laughing at myself.  Next time I'll get my flashlight and make sure. 

Posted - Wed at 4:15 PM

Responses

This is a wonderful story and I thank you for sharing.  I have done very similar things and felt foolish but, in fact, there is no reason to feel foolish.  You simply spoke to an owl.  It doesn't matter if it was really a piece of wood.  The effect on you was the same.  Lesson is to keep a board with a white end in sight at all times and you'll never be alone.  :)
      October 3, 2024 12:37 PM MDT

hahahaha..Awww, that is a sweet thought, thanks.
      October 3, 2024 4:54 PM MDT

That’s cute!
      ~

October 4, 2024 9:11 PM MDT