Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Harris offers $750.00 of FEMA money to victims of the hurricane. FEMA money is used to pay for illegals Harris has allowed in the US.

Harris offers $750.00 of FEMA money to victims of the hurricane. FEMA money is used to pay for illegals Harris has allowed in the US.

Harris Administration has spent nearly $1B of FEMA on housing noncitizen aliens in 2023 and 2024.

Posted - Wed at 8:00 PM

Responses

Harris administration? What is that?
      October 3, 2024 1:16 PM MDT

Harris is the current VP....it is the Biden/Harris  Administration.   Biden recently said he delegated everything to Kamela from foreign to domestic policy throughout his term. 
      October 3, 2024 7:33 PM MDT

Funny how you once said Harris has no experience and now you claim she was actually running the country.
      October 4, 2024 4:30 AM MDT

Biden said he delegated everything to Kamela from foreign to domestic policy throughout his term. 

I said she is an idiot and her policies not good for the country.  
      October 4, 2024 7:30 AM MDT

You say a lot of things, which are totally meaningless. Even an idiot with bad policies is better than Trump. I would vote for a rabid raccoon before I would vote for him. 
      October 4, 2024 8:12 AM MDT

I'd vote for a dead racoon before I would vote for Trump.
      October 4, 2024 8:47 AM MDT

If RFK  Jr doesn't eat it before the election. 
      October 4, 2024 9:04 AM MDT

Not ruling that out.
      October 4, 2024 12:04 PM MDT

She knows how to spell her own name, I'll bet.
      October 4, 2024 1:12 PM MDT

Have you got anything to back up that assertion or are we supposed to research every discussion you start?
      October 3, 2024 2:54 PM MDT

It is on the news.  And any link I supply will be dismissed as biased.  
      October 3, 2024 7:42 PM MDT

I haven't seen it on the news. So, I'll do your job for you.

"Does federal disaster assistance to Helene victims amount to no more than $750 per family? No, that's not true: The White House stated that the $750 in Serious Needs Assistance is an immediate direct payment to eligible households for essential items like food, baby formula, water, medications and other emergency supplies. The total amount of assistance provided by the Federal Emergency Management Agency and other federal programs varies based on the extent of the damage, the victims' needs and the specific assistance programs available. Referring to the $750 immediate payment, a FEMA spokesperson told Lead Stories, "that's not the only assistance you're going to get from FEMA."

https://leadstories.com/hoax-alert/2024/10/fact-check-federal-disaster-assistance-for-helene-victims-exceeds-750-dollars.html

ELIGIBLE HOUSEHOLDS (it doesn't specify immigrants) and they have to make an application for additional funds.
      October 3, 2024 9:22 PM MDT

Corporate media doesn't always do a good job of reporting Trump's distorted claims. He had no problem politicizing disaster relief as president and he continues to do so.

October 4, 2024 5:43 AM MDT

We all know how hard you try to avoid appearing biased,  but common sense should tell you that a VP and presidential candidate isn't telling hurricane victims that they're only getting $750 in relief. The more inflammatory statements you make, the less credible you become. There are serious policy differences you could discuss instead of choosing to spread distortions of the truth.
      October 4, 2024 4:28 AM MDT

The latest misinformation floating around the Internet is that Pete Buttigieg has HIV.   I'm waiting for this to get picked up, since not many opportunities to spread misinformation are missed.

https://www.advocate.com/news/pete-buttigieg-hiv-misinformation
      October 4, 2024 12:10 PM MDT

I just looked up the original post, which is disgusting. The account is one that proclaims itself a parody, yet the posts get viewed and commented on and shared as if they were real. Too many people don't question where their 'facts' come from. And even if it were true, it wouldn't change my opinion of him, so it also shows the biases some people have.
      October 4, 2024 3:16 PM MDT

Under the guise of parody, these people are destroying people's reputations.  Parody is supposed to be funny, but this isn't. Even if it was true, it's no one's business but his and his husband's. It doesn't change my opinion of him either, but I'm not homophobic. This post was edited by Spunky at October 4, 2024 9:15 PM MDT
      October 4, 2024 9:13 PM MDT

Harris isn't President,  she's Veep. A lot more visible and effectual than any VP since Bush Sr (Pence was the Incredible Shrinking Man, or should that be Violet?), but she is NOT President (yet). It's not her administration, it's Biden's.
      October 3, 2024 5:55 PM MDT

Thank you. Many aren't getting that.
      October 3, 2024 7:30 PM MDT

President Joe Biden proudly stated delegated “everything” to Vice President Kamala Harris throughout his time as commander-in-chief to Vice President Kamala Harris, including foreign policy and domestic policy.

It is the Biden/Harris Administration. Ask WH Press Sec she also was quite clear about what administration it is...
      October 3, 2024 7:40 PM MDT

That $750 is for immediate needs like food. It is not all that victims will get long-term. 

https://www.newsweek.com/kamala-harris-750-fema-hurricane-helene-relief-reimbursement-1963602

A program to provide shelter for asylum seekers (SSP) is administered by FEMA, but has its own funding. Funding for FEMA and the SSP is approved by Congress, not the president. 

https://www.fema.gov/grants/shelter-services-program

If you have concerns, let your congress members hear from you. This post was edited by Jane S at October 3, 2024 9:24 PM MDT
      October 3, 2024 6:37 PM MDT