Active Now

Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Did you hear about Trump’s new relationship with Fox News?

Did you hear about Trump’s new relationship with Fox News?

After Trump turned down a second debate with Harris on Fox – the Fox and Friends crew considered changing their name to – Fox and I thought we were friends. (stole that joke from Jimmy Fallon)

Cheers and happy weekend!

Posted - October 11

Responses

Most Trump supporters stopped watching FOX years ago.
      October 11, 2024 7:40 PM MDT

Got any facts to back that up?
      October 12, 2024 11:21 AM MDT

Fox still dominates the rating but they are down from before. I only watch FOX if Trumpetc is on...

This post was edited by my2cents at October 12, 2024 3:38 PM MDT
      October 12, 2024 3:37 PM MDT

I see those are old articles. Here's a more recent one from this month. If Trump supporters don't watch it, and the left mostly doesn't watch it, I am puzzled at how they get these ratings. Rigged, maybe?

October 12, 2024 4:16 PM MDT

I did say stopped watching YEARS ago...so yes my evidence is from years ago when it happened.

There are MAGA Republicans and there are Republicans.....Republicans maybe Trump voters but would vote who whoever made it through the Rep primary.  
    FOX lost about 14% of their regular viewers....that is a significant lose but not a big enough drop to let CNN, MSDNC even come close to their lead. 

They have rearranged and created new shows (both Watters and Gutfeild are new to primetime lineup, Hannity and Ingram are still there but moved to an earlier slot) to regain some viewers.  You don't do all that if you did not lose viewers.  Now are these new increase in viewers old viewers coming back or new viewers (younger people becoming engaged in politics)?  
    I know I have not returned and neither have some others I know who had stopped.  I also know a few local news/CNN people who have moved to watching more of FOX. This post was edited by my2cents at October 12, 2024 6:14 PM MDT
      October 12, 2024 5:22 PM MDT

Okay
      October 13, 2024 6:58 AM MDT

Interesting. Surveys show 60% of Republican and those who lean Republican get their political news from Fox. Are Republicans not Trump supporters or are Trump supporters not Republican?
      October 12, 2024 12:16 PM MDT

As a Trump supporter, I am MAGA First and Republican only if the Republican is MAGA. In no case am I Democrat.  
      October 12, 2024 3:35 PM MDT