Active Now

Zack
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Why claim you will do something your predecessor already did? Kamala lies.

Why claim you will do something your predecessor already did? Kamala lies.

Kamala claims she will get rid of the degree requirement for gov jobs....another lie. 
Trump already did it. 

Kalama claims to have lowered insulin to $30.00, Trump did that

Posted - 13 hours ago

Responses

I'm not a fool !!  Kamala can't fool me with lies like that. 
      October 24, 2024 6:07 AM MDT

'Bout the song with Neville. My gut emotions is kicking myself for not responding to your praise of it. I agree and thank you. This is especially the wrong place for this but I'm not consistently consistent all the time. This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at October 24, 2024 5:29 PM MDT
      October 24, 2024 9:24 AM MDT

October 24, 2024 3:11 PM MDT

Nothing is ever as simple as the candidates make it seem. 
      October 24, 2024 7:28 AM MDT

"The Trump Administration's Program

In July 2020, Trump signed an executive order establishing the Part D Senior Savings Model," a temporary, voluntary program run by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services that let some Medicare Part D prescription drug plans cap monthly out-of-pocket insulin copay costs at $35 or less. It covered at least one insulin product of each dosage and type. 

The program began Jan. 1, 2021, and ran through Dec. 31, 2023. 

The Inflation Reduction Act Provisions

The Inflation Reduction Act, which Congress passed and Biden signed into law in August 2022, included an insulin provision that went further than Trump’s voluntary initiative.

The act did cap out-of-pocket costs of insulin for Medicare patients at $35 per month. But, whereas the Trump program applied only to certain Medicare Part D plans, the act mandated that all Medicare drug programs cap out-of-pocket insulin costs — including those in what’s known as Medicare Part B, which pays for medical equipment such as insulin pumps. The act’s insulin provisions took effect Jan. 1, 2023, for Part D plans; and July 1 of that year for Part B.

The act also mandated that the out-of-pocket price cap apply to all insulin products a given Medicare plan covers, not just a subset." 

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2024/jul/12/donald-trump/trump-wrong-in-claiming-full-credit-for-lowering-i/

So, as you can see, Trump's plan was a temporary executive order and applied only to some Medicare recipients.  Biden's plan became a law and applied to a greater number of Medicare recipients.
      October 24, 2024 8:37 AM MDT

A third story about whose idea this was. Why are people surprised at what politicians say? Have they been living under a rock?
    https://www.statnews.com/2024/06/13/insulin-cost-copay-medicare-biden-trump/
      October 24, 2024 11:15 AM MDT

I have to imagine that if you aren't an insulin user, you don't follow the news as closely as someone who does.  Personally, I didn't know about the info in the article you refer to, but I'm not an insulin user.
      October 24, 2024 4:11 PM MDT