Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » move to other country

move to other country

hello , i was wondering...

i live in canada ... i was maybe curious about movin to another country , maybe just to see 'new' things .... cultural aspect of it .... 

like , im from canada but i was more interested to 'move' , to you know , a country that is less 'easygoing' like canada is ....

if you can help me a bit id appreciate ... 

like , i know it sound loser , but i would need an economic safety , like a welfare program or anythin like that in the other country... just the basics to be able to buy food and such...

cuz i dont think ill be employed, i would do my own employment ( own business/work)

so yeah, i wonder if some can help me .... i wish i can have an appartment once there soon and that i be able to live safely....

im not talkin about movin to USA, or an easy thing like that... im talkin maybe a country like less seen, like in asia , or something like that....

can you help me ? thanks

right now im homeless so its harder for me to be online long time..

its a bit harsh here cuz first the police have a file of me n my picture and i hope soon i can request the police to delete my file because i did nothin wrong and i just want things to progress like they did in the past.....

also im homeless but i want a car , but im waitin its looong i always fail the exam and ya know.. its long . if id had a car i could store items inside and maybe go inside to be more at warmth..

anyways thanks fr helpin me 

- franc -

Posted - November 11, 2016

Responses

new zealand
      November 11, 2016 3:26 PM MST

• I have to be honest here... you say you want to go somewhere less easy going? do you mean more easy going? I think it would be hard to find anywhere more easy going than Canada.. i think honestly unless you are asian.. you would struggle in an Asian country.. they are lovely people in their right but I cannot imagine why they would need or welcome an outsider with no money? You say you would have your own business.. cool but again Asian people are known for their own skills in that area.. they tend to be great at working for themselves...and selling things, being hard working and in business...

Being honest and not judging you in any way as you say you are innocent... but again few countries would welcome someone with any kind of police record.. I know you said not the States and perhaps it's not the same for Canada but America doesn't usually let people even visit unless they have a completely clear record...

I think these days.. it's very hard to get into any country without a fair bit of money and a LOT of skills... most countries are pretty choosy who they let in...

Sorry if I sound negative.. but I think you are going to have to straighten things out there a bit before you are in a position to move to another country... get some money behind you.. then you might be in a better position to try to move to another country
      November 11, 2016 4:08 PM MST

thanks a daydreambeliever...

well

because im pretty unique lets say. im not the typical dude.

in the sense i would not have issues going to a 'terrorist' country and living there...

i can start a business , im good at that.

its just to be honest, as i said since im really unique, i have no employment, cuz no one come to me and offer me jobs and etc and i know that no ones gonna give me a job just because they judge the appearance and all that.

so anyways. i can work for myself, self employed etc but the income is not to be spent on food n things like that, cuz it wont work if then.

just if i can go on a sort of program who give me just a small amount per month, enough to buy food , and all that, id be fine...

i dont care to sleep outdorrs... even in canada now, its november and cold , and everyone sleep Inside beside me, im forced to sleep outside, i made my own 'house' , cuz NO ONE do that for me..

no one want to rent me an apprtment,... since no one give me the basic rights i should have like everyone else, i transgress the law in order to make sure im well housed too ( sleep in private land, build a house, dig a hole etc etc )

November 12, 2016 10:45 AM MST

If you aren't posting this as a troll, I think you're too lazy to go look for work and would like to have everything handed to you.  Well, most of the time, it really doesn't work that way.  If you aren't willing to help yourself, I don't see why anyone should help you.  Stand on your own two feet and provide for yourself.  If you're breaking the law, I hope you get caught.
      November 12, 2016 12:05 PM MST

• Hello there.. i can tell from all you say you so desperately want a helping hand to get you started. My worry with that is that people don't usually do that.. and it's not that they are bad folk.. it's just you really have to help yourself...Now i know that seems impossible right now..but i honestly think that's what you have to do.. i just cannot see anyone doing this for you..

When you say no one came to you and offered a job.. well see that's perhaps your basic error here... people dont come to anyone and offer a job.. you have to go to them.. you have to prove you are worthy of their trust in givin them a job.. you have to convince them that you will work hard. 

If you are self employed that can get round that.. but it's worrying you dont have money to feed yourself or rent a room... perhaps these things take time? But it's important really to look at this as a long haul thing.. you need to build up some money.. you need to eat and sleep well or you will struggle to be presentable enough for people to take you seriously enough to want to do business with you... Yes people can be discriminatory but you can do a LOT to help yourself be accepted...

So all this makes me think.....

And i have to be honest still that re terrorist countries.. i assume you mean Muslim countries... and i say again.. they will NOT want you NOR will they accept you unless you are also muslim and ethnically from that country.. they do not like or trust outsiders...you wouldnt be welcome..and added to this.. even though you say you can start your own business... you DO have to remember there will be a million others doing the same.. they truly are unlikely to want or need your services unless they are very high end like computer skills, business, tech.. etc...

I truly think that you need to approach the authorities there... and ask for shelter.. i dont know the laws there but most countries do house people on a temporary or longer basis and help them find jobs.. but if there are a lot of people in same position they may only be able to offer very temporary shelter..

I just really don't think any country is going to welcome you unless you, or your family are orignially from that country.. like perhaps if your family were originally from Pakistan you may be able to get on ok there IF you know the language and have family connections.. better still you would have money.. money talks in some of these countries more than anything else...

Really think that although this isnt what you want to hear you really do have to try to build up money and resources where you are and get rid of that criminal record before you think of moving..

November 12, 2016 12:10 PM MST

My husband and I have thought about moving to another country.  We looked into it and decided against it.

Usually to move to another country you'll need to apply for a visa which means you either need to show that you're self employed and have a minimum income from your business OR you need to have skills for a job that not enough people in that country are already doing.

If you're retired some countries have a retirement visa.

If you have family members in another country you may be able to apply for a family visa.
      November 11, 2016 5:33 PM MST

• What you need my dear is a Holiday in Cambodia.
      November 11, 2016 6:34 PM MST

• Pol Pot. Pol Pot. Pol Pot!
      November 11, 2016 6:36 PM MST

• Just don't forget to pack a wife.
      November 11, 2016 6:38 PM MST

• I live in America, so you are already living in another country and can now save moving expense and risks.
      November 11, 2016 9:32 PM MST

Try San Francisco.
      November 12, 2016 12:24 AM MST

yuck san Francisco lol...

sound like the place of snob people and hipsters and all that
      November 12, 2016 10:49 AM MST

You are homeless and don't want to work.  SanFran sounds like your kind of place.
      November 12, 2016 3:16 PM MST

Looking for someplace less easy-going - try Aleppo.  I hear the rents are very inexpensive.
      November 12, 2016 10:10 AM MST

lol aleppo....

im sure theres no rent to pay there lol...

u find a house in ruin and you live there...

not to bad... my main concern is just that im sure theres aircrafts/air drones who flies the sky and i really have nothing that compete against that...

i cannot fight an aircraft.... and i dont want to be bombard by the sky... :P
      November 12, 2016 10:48 AM MST

Them get off your butt and go look for a job and provide for yourself.
      November 12, 2016 12:07 PM MST