Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Excluding your personal life , is the rest OK?

Excluding your personal life , is the rest OK?

I hope your personal life is splendid. Is the rest of it satisfying or terrifying? Why?

Posted - November 13, 2016

Responses

My life is all gray.
      November 13, 2016 1:52 PM MST

How's about an upgrade to silver my friend? Our car is silver. I LOVE it. In fact I've noticed that many cars are silver. It is a very popular color. Now what can we do to make your life all silvery and glisteny and shimmery? How about silver metalflake? I don't know if that is against the law though  because on a sunny day it could be blinding. I'm gonna ask that question ele! Thank you for you reply and Happy Monday! :)
      November 14, 2016 3:44 AM MST

• My personal life is the best it has ever been - am happy and appreciative every day for all the simple, little things: fresh air, clean water, good home grown and cooked food, shelter, my husband, my friends, my animals, books, and writing. My local area for a radius of around 1-hour drive is beautiful - one of the best anywhere according to the UN.

But the state of the planet and many other countries, as I see it through the news, current affairs discussions and documentaries, is woeful. I am not optimistic, Rosie. You would know my views very well by now.

Realistically, I believe we are powerless to make a difference. We could pour our energy into politics and humanitarian causes, or into saving animals and species -- but in the meantime, we are already experiencing the first results of global warming, and it will increase exponentially once it has passed a certain tipping point, within our lifetime. It became too late to reverse the process 40 years ago.

So the best we can do is to love one another and appreciate what we have while we still can.
      November 13, 2016 8:11 PM MST

Thank you for another thoughtful and thoroughly splendid reply hartfire. I am not optimistic either my friend.   I'm still floating between despair and c'est la vie! PET was featured on 60 Minutes Sunday night and I watched the entire thing in complete disbelief. It isn't real to me. I still cannot quite grasp that so many people put their faith in such a person as that. It fries my brain and boggles my emotions and I just wonder how long it will be before I get back to being me. I'm not you know. I'm this other person who is fearful, apprehensive and experiencing a definite sense of foreboding. That is not RosieG but I am she and that is me at this moment. SIGH. 40 years ago was too late? That certainly is shocking to me sweetie.   Honestly I was oblivious to all of it until Al Gore brought it up. "An Inconvenient Truth" I think is the title. I know he received a really bad rap by those who think global warming worries are ridiculous. Oh. Didja know that PET has made a person who doesn't believe that global warming is a problem  head of the EPA or some environmental agency like that? Seriously.  With that kind of disregard for what the planet is currently experiencing what hope is there? To have the power and abuse it is unconscionable! SIGH. Happy Monday! I wonder what the next blow will be that PET will strike? This post was edited by RosieG at November 14, 2016 3:56 AM MST
      November 14, 2016 3:53 AM MST

How can your life be "OK" if your personal life is not?
      November 13, 2016 8:13 PM MST