Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » If the universe is purposeless and irrational of what use is existence? Are we similarly purposeless and irrational too?

If the universe is purposeless and irrational of what use is existence? Are we similarly purposeless and irrational too?

Posted - November 13, 2016

Responses

When life first began the primary instinct was "what is there to eat"? Secondary instinct was to procreate to sustain existence of life and after ages of evolutionary process has anything really changed much?
      November 13, 2016 9:07 AM MST

So what you are saying is what?  That we have achieved all we are capable of? There is no point to aspire to more? Surely you don't mean that. What exactly do you mean Kg? Thank you  for your reply! :)
      November 13, 2016 10:20 AM MST

Our very basic purpose of existence is survival; however evolution made us what we are at present but sure with human capabilities we can invent great stuff,  come up with great creative ideas in all areas of the arts and stuff, health care ... to create variety in our life existence. This post was edited by Kittigate at November 13, 2016 10:32 AM MST
      November 13, 2016 10:31 AM MST

Hello Rosie:

I dunno what the purpose of the Universe is, IF there is any purpose at all..  But, there are RULES.  We don't know them all yet, but in time, we will.

excon
      November 13, 2016 9:15 AM MST

Quantum physicists still are unable to incorporate GRAVITY into the scheme of things excon. There is no unifying theory though it has been worked on diligently since forever. Maybe it is unknowable. Maybe the human brain is incapable of grasping it. I'd like to think all of this means something. Wouldn't you? Thank you for your reply! :)
      November 13, 2016 10:18 AM MST

Hello Rosie:

Nahhh...  We'll get it.. When you and I were kids, we thought the Milky Way was ALL there was.  Now, we know how wrong we were.  These things take time.  But, we're working on it..

excon
      November 13, 2016 10:26 AM MST

• Yes.  We are meaningless. We don't matter in the big picture. 
      November 13, 2016 9:57 AM MST