Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » Market Research: What kind of consumer would buy this?

Market Research: What kind of consumer would buy this?

Is it something you would use and under what circumstances? 
What's the best application for it or the best feature of it?

Posted - November 15, 2016

Responses

Hmm. Family planner, maybe?
      November 15, 2016 1:01 PM MST

So for household use? Like a mom might use it to show calendars and schedules? As an alternative to a messy refrigerator? Hmm... Does your answer change at all if you know it's $399?
      November 15, 2016 1:03 PM MST

Yup, I'd probably go for a magnetic glass board next time if I'm going to change my current solution. :-)

November 15, 2016 1:18 PM MST

That's cool. I've never seen those before. 
    I wanted to do my kitchen cabinets up in chalkboard paint... in part for the fun of it, but also I could keep notes and grocery lists wherever. I considered doing a couple up in magnetic paint as well. In my house, though, it would be a matter of days before every surface was covered with something. It wouldn't be an aesthetic solution for sure, but I know we'd be playing games of hangman and stuff every time we walked past. ^_^
      November 15, 2016 1:21 PM MST

We got a few magnetic chalkboard painted surfaces. :-)
      November 15, 2016 1:44 PM MST

Can't it be used for some kind of project management tool?
      November 15, 2016 1:20 PM MST

I was trying not to pollute minds with what the seller is marketing it as. I was more curious to know if people looked at it in the same way its designer did. But, yes, project management is a potential application. :)
      November 15, 2016 1:23 PM MST

Hospital use in patients room
    Employee work schedules

Advertising
    (We have these in something like this in bathrooms stalls around here---Indoor Billboards "Advertising to a Captive Audience")

Anything that needs displayed but you don't want to get messy. This post was edited by my2cents at November 15, 2016 2:36 PM MST
      November 15, 2016 2:34 PM MST

I wouldn't use it myself for my office or home.  I might use it for the lobby of an office building OR law school grade board where grades are posted.  Most schools have stuff like that posted online now.   If it's solid oak like it looks then $399 is OK if your market is commercial.  Moms have space and cost issues to consider.  

As for commercial use, I'll say that unions still have to post certain things on locked bulletin boards so blue collar work places, schools, government offices, government service stations (fire, cops)  shouldn't be overlooked as you do your research.  
      November 15, 2016 5:12 PM MST