Discussion » Questions » Family » Would you call a family member who does not get back to you on social media?

Would you call a family member who does not get back to you on social media?

My fam member recently had surgery a couple months ago... I face booked her saying I'd love to visit and see her when she was up to it... she said, yes, and it sounded good. A month later I messaged her again showing concern and how is she, and that anytime she was up to it, I'd like to see her. I have gotten no reply from her in a month now, yet she's been on everyday, commenting on many people's posts, and posting herself etc. I know she is  a 'phone' person, but I wonder is 'that' the reason she has not replied? or simply just forgot me... either way I feel low, having no reply, so I haven't called b/c I felt pushed aside... I'm not sure that is the real reason but, would you call a fam. member who seemingly is not replying to you even when you see them replying to others.. ?

Posted - November 19, 2016

Responses

• I say, forget Facebook and give her a call. If it doesn't feel genuine after a call, forget about it. 
      November 19, 2016 11:25 AM MST

I just dont' feel in a positive place... she has had a month to get back to me and hasn't; while replying to others, and posting things.. to call her now, it feels like I'm groveling..... I don't know :(  I am going to see her this upcoming Thanksgiving, and what do I do/say.. why didn't you get back? or, if she asks, 'Why didn't you call me?' I might get nervous... though might just say, 'I saw you on FB each day but never messaging me..' I just feel low b/c she is one of my fave. family members.. most are so rude to me, demeaning... but this is strange :( Ty so much for your reply
      November 20, 2016 4:57 PM MST

• Erm forgive me for pointing this out... i feel mean but kinda feel it has to be said... but didn't you post something very similar to this a few weeks ago?? In that story she was not a family member and it was YOU who had been unwell and she had tried to call you but you were unwell and asked her to facebook.. In that message she had invited you for the holidays... 

Personally given the second story and the quite different slant you have put on this one.. sorry but she doesnt seem to want to contact you...for whatever reason.. she is answering others but not you.. i think that tells you what you need to know..
      November 19, 2016 12:29 PM MST

i might not
      November 19, 2016 8:52 PM MST

Think I'd just take the hint and focus my energy on other people and things.
      November 20, 2016 5:18 PM MST

If you take the initiative to call your relative and he/she still doesn't respond, at least you can feel good about yourself that you tried to reach out. if you don't make the call you'll really never know for sure what the outcome may be. as the saying goes "hope for the best but expect the worse". (colossians 3:13)
      November 27, 2016 10:56 PM MST