Active Now

Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Celebrities » Should we just let the cast of a Broadway show run the country?

Should we just let the cast of a Broadway show run the country?

They obviously know what is best for us.

Posted - November 20, 2016

Responses

Hamilton?

Sorry, I am old and out of the pulse point of what is trending at this moment????
      November 20, 2016 4:53 PM MST

• yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah?
      November 20, 2016 4:54 PM MST

Well, help an old lady then.  What are you talking about laddie? ehhhhhhh?????????
      November 20, 2016 4:59 PM MST

• Yes. Hamilton. You know, Black Thomas Jefferson.
      November 20, 2016 5:06 PM MST

I know the historical person we study in school.  I did not know one thing about that play.   Who do you think you are talking to, Marguerite?  Haaa haaa haaahaaaahaa
    I hate Broadway plays.  They make me itchy all over.

Not me.  So, I read some Hamilton remark on here and I just said it thinking it was wrong.  And look at that.  Now I have to actually dig into this and find out what this has to do with the question.  So much work.   I'll just copy someone else like Melania did. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 20, 2016 6:22 PM MST
      November 20, 2016 6:22 PM MST

Bromide THIS is what you are talking about?  THIS IS WONDERFUL.

I am so thrilled, it reminds me of Cabaret, the movie about the 40's right before Hitler took reign.  I mean here are the actors telling the government off and thinking they can still have rights and protection? 

The cast of Broadway’s “Hamilton” spoke directly to Vice President-elect Mike Pence as he sat in the audience after a show Friday night, saying they hope the production inspired him to govern in a way that protects a diverse America -- a statement President-elect Donald Trump took issue with on Twitter Saturday morning.

"Vice President-elect Pence, we welcome you and truly thank you for joining us here tonight at Hamilton, we really do," said actor Brandon Victor Dixon, who plays Aaron Burr, with the cast assembled behind him.

•Trump Motorcade Shuts Down Lincoln Tunnel, Angering Drivers

"We, sir, we are the diverse America who are alarmed and anxious that your new administration will not protect us, our planet, our children, our parents, or defend us and uphold our unalienable rights, sir," said Dixon.

"But we truly hope this show has inspired you to uphold our American values and to work on behalf of all of us," he continued. "We truly thank you for sharing this show, this wonderful American story told by a diverse group of men, women of different colors, creeds and orientation."

The audience clapped and cheered as Dixon spoke. 'Hamilton' creator Lin-Manuel Miranda responded online later in the evening that he was proud of Dixon and the cast.

"Proud of @HamiltonMusical. Proud of @BrandonVDixon, for leading with love. And proud to remind you that ALL are welcome at the theater," he tweeted.

•5th Avenue Will Stay Open Until Trump's Inauguration: Mayor

Trump responded to the cast on Twitter Saturday morning, claiming they “harassed” Pence.

Source: ‘Hamilton’ Cast Addresses Pence at Show; Trump Responds | NBC New York http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Vice-President-Elect-Mike-Pence-Booed-Cheered-Broadway-Hamilton-New-York-City-Manhattan-401988065.html#ixzz4QbZNY800
    Follow us: @nbcnewyork on Twitter | NBCNewYork on Facebook
      November 20, 2016 7:08 PM MST

If Trump is the only other choice? You betcha!

November 20, 2016 5:02 PM MST

Isn't it funny?

Here's what the cast member of "Hamilton" said to VP-elect Mike Pence:

"We, sir — we — are the diverse America who are alarmed and anxious that your new administration will not protect us, our planet, our children, our parents, or defend us and uphold our inalienable rights. We truly hope that this show has inspired you to uphold our American values and to work on behalf of all of us."

WOW, such a Radical Commie Ebil Liburhl Terrorist sentiment! Such terrible abuse Mr. Pence was forced to endure! [/sarcasm]

Get a grip, people!

November 20, 2016 5:13 PM MST

i dont think so
      November 20, 2016 5:32 PM MST

Better than a reality TV star (and one that was fired, at that)!
      November 20, 2016 7:22 PM MST