Active Now

Element 99
Zack
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » What's the AM Free-for-all section for?

What's the AM Free-for-all section for?

And how have I not noted its existence prior to this? :/

Posted - November 25, 2016

Responses

• Bez

It's to post discussions that are too adult in nature for the main pages, discussions that would be censored in public libraries and such.
      November 25, 2016 6:05 AM MST

and how is it different from AdultMug?
      November 25, 2016 6:07 AM MST

I don't think there's a great lot of difference.
      November 25, 2016 6:10 AM MST

• I think Adult Mug is meant to be geared more towards sexually explicit posts and threads where Free-for-all is more geared towards any other adult natured or off-color discussions or where you don't want responses to have to be filtered.   Subtle differences with a lot of cross-
    over.
      November 25, 2016 6:22 AM MST

Exactly.
      November 25, 2016 1:11 PM MST

• Where's my gold star?
      November 25, 2016 1:18 PM MST

lol In your gifts.
      November 25, 2016 1:26 PM MST

• Correct answers get gold stars. 
      November 25, 2016 1:46 PM MST

• Oh kewl, it looks like a sheriff badge on my avi. 

I'm the sheriff here now.
      November 25, 2016 1:49 PM MST

It's Adult Mug Lite. 

~
      November 25, 2016 6:38 AM MST

Definition of free–for–all: a competition, dispute, or fight open to all comers and usually with no rules : brawl; also : a chaotic situation resembling a free-for-all especially in lacking rules or structure
    It was originally supposed to be totally uncensored, so people could talk about anything at all there without worry that it might be removed. I realized after it went up that there are some things I have to remove for the same of legality, so it became a minimally-moderated section instead. There really aren't many rules at all- no formalities. Any topic, any format (non-questions are fine), cursing gets the greenlight, etc. The only time I step in is when someone reports something and, even then, it's generally only illegal content that I'd remove. Per member request, we also decided to remove spam-type posts as well, including those that read like personal ads, but the goal is to have it as unstructured and "free" as possible. Anything that you might post in adultMug could be posted in free-for-all, but not everything in free-for-all is fit for adultMug. 

November 25, 2016 1:19 PM MST