Discussion » Questions » Family » Do you have a relative who embarrasses you? How?

Do you have a relative who embarrasses you? How?

Posted - November 26, 2016

Responses

My wife has a few times...And I'm sure I have embarrassed her.
      November 26, 2016 8:22 AM MST

So that makes you even then my friend. Balanced! Thank you for your reply ele and Happy Monday! :)
      November 28, 2016 5:14 AM MST

I have a relative who has talent as a musician. She has been asked by more than one band to join them. She will not. In our family tree, we seek success and seem to have all kinds of talent, therefore, I am embarrassed.
      November 26, 2016 9:11 AM MST

You are embarrassed because your relatives have all kinds of talent? What am I missing here m'dear? Thank you for your reply bh and Happy Monday! :)
      November 28, 2016 5:25 AM MST

I am embarrassed because she has missed  opportunities to further extend her rare talent. It is a waste. Very sad.
      November 28, 2016 2:13 PM MST

Why sweetie? Because of your lifestyle? Is your family staid/rigid/unadaptable and living in the past? Have they not accepted that loving is a good thing and whom you love is your own business not theirs? Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday WW! :)
      November 28, 2016 5:27 AM MST

Yeah my sister in law, I don't think her elevator goes to the top floor.
      November 26, 2016 1:40 PM MST

That's funnee hunnee! I'm not gonna snitch on ya. I promise! How far up does it go? Thank you for your reply Tom! :)
      November 28, 2016 5:28 AM MST

• My father, the dumbest living thing in the universe.  My bloated uncle who at restaurants would refer to a waitress, young enough to be his grand daughter, as "honey" or "sweetie".  Someone should have slapped his teeth down his throat.  They're both dead now.
      November 26, 2016 4:13 PM MST

• WTF is wrong with calling them sweetie or honey?  It's called being polite and putting on some charm.
      November 26, 2016 4:19 PM MST

• In the case of my uncle it was being condescending and creepy.  And "WTF"?  Now that is polite and charming. Oh, and intelligent and mature.
      November 28, 2016 7:03 AM MST

• I gotcha now.  The tone and inflection can make anything creepy.

Sheesh,  O_o
      November 28, 2016 7:06 AM MST

Funny odd that you would react like that. I'm 79 and I am never offended if a stranger calls me honey or sweetie. Why are you offended on behalf of others since you don't know whom they are or whether they get a kick out of it? You may think it's disrespectful and would resent it if anyone were to call you that and of course that is your choice and your right. Just don't assume everyone is like you because they're not! Thank you for your reply whistle and Happy Monday! :)
      November 28, 2016 5:31 AM MST

• This uncle was a bloated, officious, condescending prick.  His use of these addresses was very obviously intended in a condescendingly, a cheap way to make himself feel superior and offered as a jab against a recipient who was in no position to retort. It was analogous to a white man referring to a black man as, "boy".  
      November 28, 2016 7:14 AM MST

Hello Rosie:

My middle son is a very hard worker, a devoted husband, and wonderful father to my grandchildren.. Only thing is...  He's a prison guard..

excon
      November 28, 2016 8:32 AM MST