Discussion » Questions » Arts » Does your community have "art drops?"

Does your community have "art drops?"

There are several groups here who create and hide little pieces of homemade art objects. I have found two of them so far, each one from a different group. This is a rock I found at the shopping center yesterday. i joined the group on FB and posted it as being found. Got a reply from a lady who said her daughter painted this one and hid it yesterday. She as excited that it had been found. You can check to see if your local area does anything like this, or start one yourself. Just create a FB page dedicated to your art drop group and start hiding little treasures around town with a link to your page. :) I think it's a great idea.

Posted - November 26, 2016

Responses

• Never heard of that, but it sounds like a cool idea and seems like something that people around here would go for :)
      November 26, 2016 11:17 AM MST

• I found out about it by accident. I found a very small painting on a rock wall by work. It had a strip of paper attached with the site info. Went and posted the pic and have been a fan ever since. I now keep a close look out for stuff like this when I'm out and about.  This is the first one I found and where I found it.
      November 26, 2016 11:40 AM MST

• Glis does rock.   Glad people are waking up to that fact enough to paint it on random rocks.
      November 26, 2016 2:57 PM MST