Active Now

Danilo_G
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » History » Can you compare what happened to Cubans under Castro to what happened to Jews under Hitler? Cubans harbor hate. Jews don't seem to. Why?

Can you compare what happened to Cubans under Castro to what happened to Jews under Hitler? Cubans harbor hate. Jews don't seem to. Why?

Posted - November 27, 2016

Responses

I bought this nice plate on my trip to Cuba before all of this business. They were very nice. It was a very nice country. They should be nice to them.

November 27, 2016 7:11 AM MST

• I like your posts Ms B. 
    They are always nice and friendly.
    Thank you for posting.
      November 27, 2016 8:16 AM MST

Hello Rosie:

Living under strict authoritarian rule is WAYYY different than being stuffed into ovens..

AND

this Jew hates Germans.

excon
      November 27, 2016 7:11 AM MST

We've talked about a lot of things over the years of our friendship excon but I guess we never talked about this my friend. I don't hate anyone or anything. Surely you don't hate  Germans. Isn't it the Nazis who were the evil ones? I guess a lot of German people knew what was going on and looked the other way. Didn't the countries of the world also know what was going on and look the other way?  What I'm trying to understand is why some Cubans HATE Obama for restoring relations with Cuba? How long do you keep alive what happened decades ago? Is there no way to move on? Do you hold current Germans responsible for what happened under Hitler? At least Germany ADMITTED the genocide and tried to make restitution didn't they? Turkey to this day says there was never any Armenian Genocide. They refuse to admit it and because the US needs good relations with Turkey the US is too chickensh** to admit the genocide committed by Turkey. Other countries have stepped up to the plate and  called it a genocide. Not the US. Good politics is way more important than acknowledging truth. So you really hate then? That surprises me. Thank you for your honest reply. The way some Cubans talk what they suffered under Castro was way the worst suffering of any people and I just wondered if that is really true when compared to the 6 million plus Jewish people who perished. How many Cubans perished? How did they die? How long is hate going to be kept alive and thrive? What's the point? Thank you for your reply! :)
      November 28, 2016 3:55 AM MST

• Cuba is a communistic country, not practicing genocide. The Germans tried to wipe the Jews out of existence, that's a BIG difference. Several civilizations have either enslaved, or tried to eradicate the Jews, they have been the most mistreated people in the history of the entire world.  The Jewish friend I have in real life are not bitter, they are actually some of the most non-hate-filled people I know. But, like excon said, they aren't too fond of the Germans.
      November 27, 2016 7:23 AM MST

The way some Cubans talk Castro was the most evil person ever and they suffered more than any other people. When compared to what the Jews suffered under Hitler I think they didn't. Some of them HATE Obama for re-establishing diplomatic relations with Cuba. How long are they going to hate? Is that a legacy they will forever pass on to their descendants? Why? What is gained by that? Thank you for your reply Karen and Happy Monday! :)
      November 28, 2016 3:58 AM MST

Once again your tact of half-truths and the false premise rears its head. 

Lesson time: there's a big difference between pro-Castro Cubans and anti-Castro Cubans. So which Cubans do you refer to as being hateful, and what is it or whom do they hate?  To lump all people into a group like that is disrespectful, rude and false. It's like saying that all white women in their 70s are off their rockers. 
    __
      November 27, 2016 7:39 AM MST

Oh my! I hope they don't say that!!
      November 27, 2016 7:41 AM MST

Lol, no!  I merely used it as an analogy. 

:)
      November 27, 2016 7:54 AM MST

• Yeah, it's a rather ridiculous assertion.
      November 27, 2016 8:17 AM MST

That's largely how good ol' Rosie rolls.
    __
      November 27, 2016 12:09 PM MST

You can't compare them beyond they were both cruel dictators. Hitler singled out the Jews and other minorities for his psychotic hatred of them; Castro did not single out particular groups like that; but they were both ruthless towards their purely-political opponents. Castro did not hate Cubans or anyone else per se; he hated people who opposed him. 

December 1, 2016 5:40 PM MST

I am aware of many jews that still hate Hitler. what happened to the jews in the 30s/40s for some is now history. for the Cubans that have had to endure the brutal Castro regime, all this is very recent. only time can heal some wounds. This post was edited by Autumnleaves at December 6, 2016 7:31 PM MST
      December 6, 2016 7:28 PM MST