Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » What kind of fish do you catch in your nearby river or stream?

What kind of fish do you catch in your nearby river or stream?

Posted - December 1, 2016

Responses

• American Eel
    • Blue Catfish
    • Bluegill
    • Brook Trout
    • Brown Bullhead
    • Channel Catfish
    • Common Carp
    • Flathead Catfish
    This post was edited by Zack at December 1, 2016 1:01 PM MST
      December 1, 2016 12:57 PM MST

I am up to 22 species, but I am including lakes and oceans.
      December 1, 2016 1:03 PM MST

• Various kinds but I typically go for perch, walleye, pike, and muskie.
      December 1, 2016 1:06 PM MST

My Florida house is on a canal  and there are all kinds of fish, turtles, manatees, and alligators in it.  It's entertaining to sit on the lanai in the afternoons.  I haven't fished since I've been here.  My neighbor and I are going to build a dock to make fishing easier because it's pretty steep going down to the water from about four feet out from my lanai.  People catch snapper, salt water trout, whiting, mullet, catfish and that's all I can remember.  There are others.  I don't know what they might eat though.  I never asked about that.  They just like to say I caught xxxxxxxxxxxxxx. 
      December 1, 2016 1:21 PM MST

nice ones
      December 1, 2016 8:50 PM MST

• Have never been fishing.
    It's so popular over here that the fish stocks are seriously depleted. People have to have a license.
    Despite that, in 60 years, I've never met anyone who goes fishing. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 1, 2016 8:58 PM MST
      December 1, 2016 8:57 PM MST

• I caught a log once...
      December 1, 2016 11:15 PM MST

The closest river to my house has Bluegill, Channel Catfish, Largemouth Bass, Northern Pike, Sauger, Walleye, White Crappie and Yellow Bullhead.  I have a small stream on my property but I've only caught frogs in or near it.
      December 2, 2016 9:09 AM MST