Active Now

Zack
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » Is your computer not very nice and a piece of junk?

Is your computer not very nice and a piece of junk?

Posted - December 1, 2016

Responses

I just bought a new one last month. It is very fast. Windows 10 sux though.
      December 2, 2016 11:40 AM MST

I wonder what it is that some people absolutely hate that other people love about it. That's why I hesitate making the move. 
      December 2, 2016 8:10 PM MST

There are too many functions that I can't find.
      December 3, 2016 12:51 PM MST

I built myself a super computer.
      December 2, 2016 8:16 PM MST

Neither!

The computer's not "junk". I don't know what you mean by "nice" but it's functional. A computer is simply a tool! A costly, complex, versatile one yes, but still simply a tool.

It's the software that's rubbish! Well, it is Microsoft's for a start - then I have two e-mail accounts and neither use Outlook directly and simply, as MS used to offer when it still held promise of trying to improve its programmes. 

My ISP, BTInternet, seems to use its own e-mail / internet-access programme, but the other account has Outlook and browser bundled with blasted MSN. Both systems are similar, bombarding you with gimmicks, adverts, photo-galleries with pseudo-emotional titles,  and so-called "news"; wanted or not. That's "junk" to me - "junk mail". Even if a news headline looks interesting you've little time to consider selecting it because the editors' personal selections change every second or so.

You've no choice. Outlook no longer exists alone, as far as I can determine.

BTInternet is marginally better than it was. It used to be tied up with the execrable Yahoo!, an idiots'-fest even more "junk" than MSN.
      December 8, 2016 3:39 PM MST

• I have an HP chromebook 14 G4 and i love my machine lots!!! 
      December 25, 2016 11:23 AM MST