Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Jobs » Is it worth spending money to get a job?

Is it worth spending money to get a job?

I had gotten hired at this calling center recently so i took it and was taking cabs every morning cause we had to be there at 6 and buses werent running that early and later id take the bus home, i dont drive, 2 wks later i lost it cause i didnt score high enough on their test during training, i was close though. anyways, ive been sending out resumes thru indeed.com and now tutor doc wants to interview me, the problem is they dont live in my city, id have to go about 1 1/2 hrs away, dont think buses run so if i cant find a ride from someone im thinking about cabbing it, its about $90 each way, im not broke yet and have the money to do it so im wondering if its worth it, it would only be two times and after that i can work in my own city, so its not like id have to go there every time i work, its just to interview and orientation and the lady seemed to like me too so is it worth it? i love kids and wouldnt mind tutoring them like that. I need a job bad so should i do this? im not doing that great with school myself, id be better off dealing with elementary stuff. so what do you think? should i take the risk?

Posted - December 2, 2016

Responses

I would not recommend it. If the company is truly interested in you they might offer to pay for your travel expenses. The company I worked for did that routinely, so ask them and see what they say.
      December 3, 2016 3:50 AM MST

i didnt want to turn them off by asking them to pay for it
      December 3, 2016 10:47 AM MST