Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » You believe in God but do you believe in good?

You believe in God but do you believe in good?

I don't think so.

Posted - December 3, 2016

Responses

• God and good don't necessarily go hand in hand with humans.
      December 3, 2016 6:22 AM MST

Yes I believe in the God of the Bible. And yes I believe in good, in being good. 
      December 3, 2016 6:24 AM MST

Nah, I don't believe in God or Gods. Do I believe that we all have something good inside of us? I do. However, I don't believe that good necessarily will be any good for everyone of us or humanity as such. 
      December 3, 2016 6:30 AM MST

I'm good enough to believe in a God if there was one.
      December 3, 2016 6:34 AM MST

• We shape our own morality.  Our minds each create our own perceptions of the physical world.  We judge ourselves and others based on actions and deeds. We are creators who mold the physical materials into our mental images of what they can be. The fate of humanity  rest in our own hands.  Our minds and will is able to transcend us to worlds only we can see and we have the ability to project them into the minds of others.  We have the ability to block those worlds from our own consciousness. Our abilities so great we can create deities powerful enough to bind us.  We can destroy everything with our knowledge and desires.  WE ARE GODS. Own it, and act responsibly.
      December 3, 2016 7:47 AM MST

more than believe..Knowing.
    and Good is good you bet
      December 3, 2016 10:20 AM MST

• God? Nah.

Well, Loki would be fun, and Thor has been playing his kettledrum for the pastcouple of days, and I couldn't possibly deny the existence of Mardroma. Hmm, change that Nah to a Maybe.

But goodness, decency, honour, courage, truthfulness ... oh, yeah, I believe in all of those, even though they sometimes become blurred in this modern world.
      December 3, 2016 2:33 PM MST

I don't believe in god. God in my eyes, doesn't seem all that good tbh. 
      December 3, 2016 2:41 PM MST

• I find it's the other way round.
      December 3, 2016 2:49 PM MST