Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Does a person's fertility matter in the dating world today?

Does a person's fertility matter in the dating world today?

Posted - December 3, 2016

Responses

Not with the over 60 crowd.
      December 3, 2016 12:55 PM MST

not just fertility, but i bet the physical appearance is 'worth' much more....

if you have something weird on your face, youll too often get rejected by the girls youre interested in.

December 3, 2016 1:05 PM MST

• Probably.. Sometimes.  I now not planning on having children has been a deal breaker. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 3, 2016 9:31 PM MST
      December 3, 2016 1:14 PM MST

• I very much doubt that anyone dating me in the last few years would have expected me to give them a child :P  There was one I would have felt bad not being able to give that to him but most didn't expect it at my age and the fact I already have three would have made me not want more.
      December 3, 2016 1:14 PM MST

Yes- I write for a couple of surrogacy agencies and follow fertility news. It could well be that during your prime years for having a child, you'd be able to have a child that's biologically both yours and your partner's... perhaps only yours as well- with no donor DNA. 
      December 3, 2016 3:30 PM MST

• I can feel there's a serious side to this question ... But as I'm only one cup of coffee into Sunday morning I'm going to stay away from it For now .... I think in the dating world a lack of fertility might be more appealing ... I guess the bottom line is what is important to you and your partner ...
      December 3, 2016 3:03 PM MST

Hee hee hee. Only because you saw my dream interpretation question. I think fertility matters more with the younger folks and I'm past that stage. Most men my age who wanted families already have them. Plus, I tend to prefer men who are much older than me- 10, 20, or 30 years... It's very unlikely fertility will ever be an issue for me because I don't want more kids and very few men start their families after 40. So, your answer is safe, no matter what it is. ;)
      December 3, 2016 3:41 PM MST

• Too kind JA. :) ... It's a sensitive issue and before making a total ass out of myself in going to bow out now :)
      December 3, 2016 3:46 PM MST

• I am facing that, and not so much because of age but because of having a full hysterectomy.  I feel so sad sometimes because I can't have another baby.  Thankfully my bf says he's done (already has 2) but sometimes I think he would have been happy if we could have one.  If we don't stay together, I'm sure I may meet a few men who that would be a deal breaker for.
      December 3, 2016 9:29 PM MST

That would very by age groups. Young people without children would be concerned about this.  Older people who already have children not so much. And the retired crowd not at all.
      December 4, 2016 7:33 PM MST

If I wanted to be a parent at this moment, it would matter for me.
      December 5, 2016 1:27 AM MST