Discussion » Questions » Family » Children are rarely ever a burden to their parents. Parents are often a burden to their children. Why?

Children are rarely ever a burden to their parents. Parents are often a burden to their children. Why?

Posted - December 9, 2016

Responses

:):):) Happy Monday PeaPod! :)
      December 12, 2016 4:13 AM MST

I've never really looked at it like that. They raised me and were there for me. The least I could do is the same for them as they age.
      December 11, 2016 5:32 PM MST

((hugs)) You know what prompted the question Zack was two movies I saw on Turner Classic Movies about that very issue. They made me feel so sad and bad and it got me to thinking. I know they were just movies and movies are mostly fiction but I think these movies simply told stories that could and probably have happened. I  mean why else are there so many old folks' homes and assisted living institutions? Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday.  Oh. The movies were "Make Way for Tomorrow"( it was a very old movie) and "The Trip to Bountiful". That was newer but the theme was similar . Warning. If you see them you're gonna feel bad too..especially Make Way for Tomorrow. :(
      December 12, 2016 4:18 AM MST

I dread to think the day will come where I could be a burden to my children. I only have two kids, and they have their own struggles. I hope I never have to burden them, I place myself in God's hands when that time comes.
      December 17, 2016 12:10 AM MST