Active Now

Spunky
Shuhak
Randy D
Zack
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What is a tragic flaw that you posess? I rush in where angles fear to tread sometimes.

What is a tragic flaw that you posess? I rush in where angles fear to tread sometimes.

Posted - December 12, 2016

Responses

You  have a horrid gift thrust upon you.    When you finally get a handle on it, it will allow you to see far better than  those who have not endured this trial.   I pray you find relief SOON.   Because you are NOT alone in this, there is much research and a lot of potential cures for it. 
      December 13, 2016 7:10 AM MST

I hate doing laundry so I just go to the thrift stores to buy 'new' clothes. 
      December 12, 2016 11:33 PM MST

Yes, I can see how that bad habit can pile up.
      December 13, 2016 4:40 AM MST

• I err, I am human.
      December 13, 2016 4:37 AM MST

Not a tragic flaw. 
      December 13, 2016 4:39 AM MST

• I refuse to believe it.  To what degree are these angles fearful?

Tragic flaw?  Don't have one really.  I have a collection of non-tragic ones that I'm very proud of though.  And a few that I'm not.  :(
      December 13, 2016 6:16 AM MST

I don't see any in you, Mr. W.   They are not apparent.    But we all have some.    You know that one thing that manages to do us in in the end.   I just GOTTA open my big mouth and tell people off and I pay for it in spades.   The Universe is not putting up with me doing that any longer.
      December 13, 2016 7:13 AM MST

• Hmmm.  I have a very nasty temper and it takes a while to kick in, which I've found gives some a false sense of security.  In the past it's given a few the impression that I can be backed into a corner, which has never ended well.  But I'm very good and behave myself online, most of the time.

And yes you're right, you do pay for it.  But in your defence I would say the level of 'paying for it' is not always commensurate with your original, offensive action.  Offensive or tactless can also be true and if so, I think deserve a response beyond a snarl.

And I'm rather miffed that you didn't get my appallingly bad joke.  :)
      December 13, 2016 12:38 PM MST

If angels who supposedly are pretty well protected against the elements fear to tread, it has to be pretty bad. 

Bad temper, eh?   I can totally relate. 
      December 13, 2016 12:51 PM MST