Active Now

my2cents
Zack
DannyPetti
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Can people be friends with their exes?

Can people be friends with their exes?

What's the trick to making that work?

Posted - December 15, 2016

Responses

• Well I don't talk badly about any ex's.  Not every woman I been with do I consider an  ex either.   I don't hate or dislike them or think badly of them.   Just feel like it's stringing each other along kinda.
      December 17, 2016 1:21 PM MST

• Maybe not friends but at least amiable, the games and B.S. needs to stop once the separation/divorce is settled.  You're keeping your ex hostage otherwise...IMO.
      December 17, 2016 12:34 PM MST

• Oh absolutely.   When I hear friends I take it as still always doing things together and being a big part of each others lives.  Not being decent to each other or going out of the way to avoid them or ignoring them when at the same place.   I see two of my ex'es quite often and perfectly able to be in same room, play cards, have a drink and chat with them.  If by friends that is what is meant then yeah i can still be friends with them usually.
      December 17, 2016 1:35 PM MST

I cannot envision a close friendship with someone I had a significant relationship with.  I can see reaching a point of being "friendly" with each other, especially if kids are involved.
      December 17, 2016 1:48 PM MST