Active Now

Element 99
Randy D
DannyPetti
Thebigd
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Is any project ever finished completely or are they just abandoned when times runs our the work is "good enough"?

Is any project ever finished completely or are they just abandoned when times runs our the work is "good enough"?

Nothing ever seems finished. Movies have director cuts. Albums have extra tracks. Construction is never done. Repairs are constant. There's always more to do or more could have been done. Are we just painting bridges?

What things are completely "finished"? Even old works of art were never "completed".

Posted - December 16, 2016

Responses

This is when you don't need to look at the big picture.  Focus on one project until you get it finished.  Then go to the next.  It's not worth a breakdown............................and a breakdown house projects and contractors can cause.  Be in charge of you so you don't lose it. 

Math problems can be completed; that's the good thing about them.

Puzzles can be completed.

I understand the need to feel like you finish something.

So, work a word search puzzle.  There are plenty of them online, but I prefer to buy a gook of them at the dollar store and use a pencil to work them.  It's more relaxing that doing on the puter.
      December 16, 2016 1:58 PM MST

I making a cat house for a neighborhood feral cat.  He won't use the cat house I made him and I understand why.  In the winter he eats to gain weight for the cold weather.  The house I made him has a front entrance and limited room inside for his growing body.  A house with a top entrance is his preference.  He can nestle down inside and say comfy on his heated pad, so I am making him a new one.  I am moving soon and according to suggestions online; a feral cat should remain where he is and not be moved.  This cat has always lived in this neighborhood and I want him to have a home of his own when I leave. The woman across the street will adopt him I am sure.  It is where he lived before I moved in, he just decided one day to stay here.  hahaha silly cat. 
      December 16, 2016 2:03 PM MST

Is the cat really feral and avoids humans? Or just an outside cat without an inside home?
      December 16, 2016 2:06 PM MST

I agree with Thriftymaid.  Look at the incremental improvements you make in your struggle to achieve perfection.  I put a medicine cabinet in our bathroom and that project is DONE.  Check it off.  But the whole house is still far from perfect.  The yard has a weed in it, there's a loose paver stone in the driveway, the coffee table needs to be refinished, my car is dirty etc. etc. etc.  Still, the medicine cabinet is as good as it can be.
      December 16, 2016 6:29 PM MST