Active Now

Slartibartfast
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Folks often say "Go out and get some Sun" as if something healthy. Without the Sun's deadly radiation might we live longer?

Folks often say "Go out and get some Sun" as if something healthy. Without the Sun's deadly radiation might we live longer?

We still need the heat. Thank you Sun :)

Posted - December 18, 2016

Responses

How many people die of sun radiation?  You mean skin cancer? That is hardly a high toll of deaths compared to people who die of other causes.  So unless you have some other idea besides sun radiation elimination, life span stays the same.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 18, 2016 7:43 PM MST
      December 18, 2016 7:42 PM MST

• Getting some sun is healthy.  Most people are vitamin D deficient.  It's tanning that is bad.
      December 18, 2016 8:30 PM MST

Skin cancer is an issue in my family and I always burn anyway, so I don't go out in the sun often..I also spend most of my waking hours at night..
    The moon is way cooler anyway.
      December 19, 2016 10:01 AM MST

The sun is not the issue. Getting a tan is not the issue.
    Staying lilly white and getting burned is the issue. If you get a gradual tan and stay tanned the odds of getting skin cancer drop considerably.
    It is the deep burns you get from not having a tan to block the UV rays.

Humans evolved in the sunlight. Covering up all the time then running out and trying to tan in a day or week you are asking for trouble.

Use sunblock if you don't get a good tan and maintain it.

Get naked and get some sun. (slowly).
      December 19, 2016 10:23 AM MST